On May 24th our little guy turned 4. (I can't believe how big he is!) I was super nervous this year about making his birthday special. For the past two years Jaxon had been around and his birthday had been a whole day of fun stuff (like going to the beach/park etc). But this year his birthday was on a Thursday, so Jake had to work all day. Plus, we now have Brenn who takes up quite a bit of my attention, so as you can see I had reason to worry. Well, we figured we would invite some family to come over in the evening for a little cake and dessert and that would help make his day a little more special then any other day. Carder LOVES superheroes, so I thought it would be fitting to have a little Fantastic Four party since he was turning 4 (I have to have a little theme to keep my thoughts channeled so I don't go to crazy). Here is a look at his special day:
We started out the morning with a little breakfast in bed...
Then opened some presents before Dad had to head off to work...
 |
| He was particularly excited about his new Batman Leapster game that he got from Mimi |
 |
| And was ecstatic to have his own money. |
Later that evening we had a little family party to celebrate his special day...
 |
| This is Carders favorite cake. He used to call it "Grandma's Cake" because we had made it for Georgann one year when she was at our house for her birthday. |
 |
| Before he blew out his candles he told us he was going to breath on them. I didn't really think anything of it, I thought he was just asking if he could blow them out. Well, I was wrong...he leaned over the cake and literally breathed on the candle (like how you can see your breath when it's cold outside)...we made sure to give him that piece and then coerced him to blow the rest of the candles out normally. (Sometimes I wonder how that kid comes up with this stuff!) |
 |
| Brenn, Grandma & Carder |
 |
| Jaynie & Caleb...Carder had so much fun playing with his cousins on his birthday! |
 |
| I tried to get some decent pictures of my newly 4 year old but was only getting goofy faces not to mention his teeth and tongue were blue from the goodies. So I will have to try again when I do Brenn's 1-year photos. |
No comments:
Post a Comment