I was playing around with a bunch of ideas for Brenn's birthday (I always need a theme). Over the past few months she has been getting particularly excited when a certain red furry monster comes on the tv. She will get as close to the TV as she can manage or she'll start clapping her hands when Elmo's world starts and bounces on her little knees/booty...it's rather hilarious. Carder loves it so much he will always inform her when Elmo is coming up by saying "Brenn it's Elmo." (He does this over and over until she acknowledges it, and then I think he feels that he has contributed to her joy in someway).
So as you can see it was a no brainer, we had to go with Elmo..
![]() |
| In the morning Brenn got to go on a fun stroller ride/run with dad and then she took one of the best naps she has ever taken (so nice for the Mama who had to get some things ready for her party). I kept going up and checking on her because she was sleeping quite a bit longer then usual, but she just looked so peaceful and precious I had to snap a picture of her. |
Carder and Ellie got home from Elmo Live that afternoon, the boys went swimming while the girls had their naps and then it was party time...
Some things looked a lot better in my head then how they were actually executed (like next time I would do the chocolate faces on wax paper and transfer them to the cakes instead of having the little chocolate squeezy thing keep exploding on me which made for some goofy looking Elmo faces) but the kids seemed happy with it all, so that's all that mattered.
I was really surprised at what a hit the hats were. I thought the kids might wear them for a couple seconds and then be over it, but they couldn't get enough of the party hats...


![]() |
| The Birthday Girl |
I don't give my kids sugar until they are one, so this was a big day for my family (My mom and siblings had been chomping at the bit to give her some of the good stuff). Her first sweet was her little mini cake that we just let her have her way with...she handled it like a pro.
![]() |
| Brenn was so happy she had two of her favorite things--strawberries (an old favorite) and chocolate (a new favorite) |
She had lots of friends to show her how to handle that cake (though I doubt she really needed any guidance, she is the best eater I have ever met)...
And lots of friends to show her the love
Then it was present time...the friends' help was useful in getting those presents unwrapped...
She got some baby dolls, a stroller, a little Elmo doll and...
Thanks to everyone who made her birthday so special. Happy Birthday Baby Girl...We All Love You!



















No comments:
Post a Comment