Monday, December 28, 2009

Traditions

This Christmas we had to grow up...I'd always been the kid, not in charge of anything, but since we were in Utah for Christmas, and all Jake's sisters do their own thing Christmas morning, we were doing our own family Christmas morning for the first time. This is Carder's second Christmas, but last year we were in California so I didn't really have to do anything, though I was informed Christmas morning that once you have a child of your own, Santa comes for the child not you...not gonna lie I was a little bit devastated.

This Christmas made giving up Santa for Carder all worth while as he was so excited about his gifts and genuinely grateful, so even though I was a bit scared of doing Christmas morning all by ourselves, it ended up being a hit.

Jake's whole family lives pretty much with in a 10 mile radius in Utah, so at Christmas time we have lots of get togethers with everyone. His Grandma and Grandpa Lloyd have family Christmas party the Monday before Christmas...Christmas Eve his Apostol side of the family all gets together and opens up Christmas pajamas (a tradition we do in my family as well).

PJs
the boys in their Christmas PJs
Carder demonstrating his new cheesy "cheese" smile
This picture captures perfectly Carder's relationship with his cousins. Carder likes to hug, kiss, and tickle, and, as you can see here, Jaynie isn't usually touchy-feely (however, after this picture was taken, she chased Carder down to give him hugs and kisses)


Christmas morning:
Carder playing with the sweet Elmo kitchen he scored from Santa

Once he got these new wiggles DVDs out of his stocking it was hard to get him wanting to open anything else
but he succumbed
Jake is very excited to open his gifts

Christmas Breakfast

On Christmas morning the Apostols do a breakfast with fresh-squeezed orange juice, canadian bacon and pancakes...so yummy! Then after breakfast everyone opens their gifts from Grandpa and Grandma Apostol...Carder was elated to receive a "BYU Cougars" sweatshirt from them.



Could you get a more genuine thank you???

So that was our Christmas...I can't believe its already come and gone!

No comments: