We went to California for Thanksgiving this year. A few days before we got there Jaxon celebrated his third birthday, so to celebrate we went to Disneyland!
Disneyland holds a special place in my heart. Ever since I was a little kid we had season passes. Sometimes we would go one or more times a week (like just in the evening for family night, or after school with some friends , etc.) It was a big part of my childhood and I could kind of consider it like a second home.
It had been a while since we had been. The last time I went was right after my graduation from high school, and Jake's last time was his senior year of high school, so there were some definite withdrawals going on.
Not only was I totally excited to go back to this beloved place, but to be able to share it with Jake and Carder was amazing. I just remember how magical everything was there for me as a child, so to get to see Carder get excited was so fun. We did a lot, but there were so many things we didn't get to, so we will definitely need to visit again soon!
When we got into the park we got to ride one of the vintage fire trucks down main street. The driver gave Jaxon the job of ringing the bell all the way to the castle, then after we got off Jax got a special fireman sticker...it was a pretty exciting start to the day for him.
Next it was off to the rockets. But the kids didn't really understand the standing in line thing...


So we went picture crazy to pass the time…


So we went picture crazy to pass the time…
Jaxon loved the rockets, but Carder cried. They gave Jake a bit of a headache and made him dizzy as well. They go pretty fast and then with the whole up and down thing they do the whole time, I can understand why Carder wasn't a fan.
After that my Mom and Jake stayed out with Carder (who was in desperate need of a nap), and the rest of us went on Star Tours. )
Next the big kids (I still have a hard time thinking of myself as an adult...is that weird?!? Maybe once Jake graduates I'll start calling my self a grown up!) sorry for the digression there...anyway next we went on Space Mountain while the little guys took naps with Mimi and Poppy. I forgot how much I totally love that ride!
After that they boys were much happier after their naps, (true my child only sleeps for like 30 mins, but man o man does it make a difference), we went on Buzz Lightyear. It was sweet, you shoot a laser gun at all these space targets....Jake is convinced it is his new favorite ride.
Carder loved looking at all the characters, he couldn't take his focus off the ride to look at the camera


Why are boys so much better at these things than girls??? I thought I was doing so good then I see Jake and my Dad's scores and they totally kicked my trash!
Then we went to New Orleans Square to have their amazing chowder bread bowls, so yummy :)
Funny story...while we are sitting there eating Carder starts saying "YO GABBA GABBA...YO GABBA GABBA," we were sitting right under a tree with changing leaves, so I thought he was referring to that since we had watched one on the change of seasons recently. But then I see him focused on something and moving his head to follow the object while saying that...anyway I come to notice it is an African American employee. Wow, we have been in Utah way too long, my child needs some major diversity exposure if he things every African descent person is DJ Lance Rock!
Next we did the Haunted Mansion. It was the Nightmare Before Christmas version, so we thought it would be more cutesy than scary for the kids. Carder absolutely loved it. After we got off the ride he said, "Again, again." Jaxon on the other hand was not the biggest fan. So you know the part where you are in the elevator and the voice says, "There are no windows and no doors" and then lighting goes off and the room goes pitch black and silent? Well, during the silence you hear a little kid yell "Get...me...outta here," everyone started cracking up...yeah, that was Jaxon.
We did some more big rides and then decided it was time to take the boys to Toontown. Pretty much I had been hyping it up to Carder every time we watched Mickey Mouse Clubhouse for a couple weeks leading up to going to Disneyland. Whenever it was on I'd tell him, "That we we're going to get to go and see Mickey Mouses' house."
The boys checking out Mickey's desk and listening to all the messages his friends had left for him
Carder loved being able to walk around and check everything out
Super strong Jaxon bending the jail bars
Carder could have done this all day...there are different buttons at different store fronts throughout Toontown. Well, this one was the glass factory. When you push the button it sounds like glass was shattering inside, Carder would push it then look up at us and say, "Uh Oh."
We went over to California Adventure next where Carder got to see Goofy
We then went on the Monsters Inc. ride...which tied with the Haunted Mansion as Carder's favorite ride
My parents took the boys home to put them to bed and let all of us stay a couple more hours (thanks Mom & Dad). It was like a mini date night, which came to an end when Steve got totally soaked because we made him sit at the front of Splash Mountain (he was a great barricade to duck behind, I barley got a drop on me ;) )




































2 comments:
Looks like so much fun and sooo much warmer than snowy Utah.
We hope to take our girls to Disneyland this next year- I know they will die when they see all the princess stuff. :)
Your family picture at the top of your blog is gorgeous.
Man it's been forever since I've been to Disneyland. I had never even heard of probably 3/4 of those rides. I guess that means I need to go again.
Post a Comment