Tuesday, August 23, 2011

On the Move...again

Last year we did the first annual Lloyd family vacation in St George...it was such a hit we had a repeat a couple weekends ago. We hopped in the car after Jake got off work Friday and got there a couple hours later. All the other kids were asleep so Carder and Brenn got the welcoming of royalty upon our arrival...

Annie & Brenn
Parker & Carder
Coleman & Carder
Carder & Uncle Scott (Carder absolutely adores Scott)
Carder & Annie (gotta love all the faces he pulls for pictures)
Relaxing at the condo after the road trip (which seemed so much longer then it really was with two kids!)
Cole & Brenn
Carder finagling a root beer float
Grandpa holding baby B
Grandma & Brenn

The next day they had a tennis tournament (bracket and all)...they did a double elimination bracket which ended up taking a lot longer then anticipated in the killer St. George heat so they ended it a bit early (Jake was kicking booty and on his way to the championship game)...

On their way to the tennis courts
Carder getting some pointers from Grandma
Jake getting serious about his tennis match
Parker helped entertain Carder while Jake played since it was WAY too hot for Brenn to be out there that whole time
Carder entertaining himself
Carder & Caleb navigating their way around the electronics (sometimes I think he knows how to work my phone better than I do!)

Brenn trying to stay cool in the shade of her stroller...the shade wasn't really helping too much so we had to go back inside after not too long

After tennis everyone headed for the swimming pool to cool down and let the kids have some fun too...

Brenn in her swimsuit





The Terrys
Carder LOVED the diving board. At first he was timid and made me hold his hand as he walked out to the end and then Jake had to be in the water to catch him, but after a while he got over that and was doing it all on his own




Sunday we went to the St George temple to let the kids check out the grounds and take some pictures...

The St George temple
It was still brutally hot so we went inside the visitors center for a while to cool down
The Big Kids (I still can't believe I was able to get a genuine smile out of Carder!)
The whole Lloyd clan

Our attempt at some family pictures


Brenn with Uncle Parker
Brenn & Emily
All the cousins
(Brenn, Carder, Jacob, Jaynie, Caleb & Carson)

So we just found out that we are moving (again...I know we just can't seem to stay anywhere for longer then a year). Jake scored a federal judicial clerkship which will be located in Salt Lake City, so we head out there in October for a year (Pretty soon I know...I am trying not to stress about finding a place and packing our house up and everything that comes with two little ones..as you can see the stress is slowly creeping in). Even though I am already dreading the cold and snowy winter, we are really excited for Jake because it's something that he has wanted to do ever since he was in law school and it will be an awesome opportunity for him.
Photobucket

4 comments:

Amanda said...

YEA YEA YEA YEA YEA YEA YEA YEA YEA YEA!!!!!!! We must play much more than we did last time you were here for a year! YEA!!!!!!!!

Scott & Annie said...

I am getting some serious face time on this blog right now! :) St. George WAS so fun, and we are excited to have you guys close for one more year

Ashley&Nathan Speaker said...

Holli!! Brenn is way too cute, I can't get enough of her cute little face! I wish we lived closer to each other!!

StephNyd said...

That is a beautiful picture you took of the St. George Temple Holli. :)