Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The Killers

For Jake's birthday this year I got him tickets to the Killers, and this last weekend was when they came to Salt Lake. Not gonna lie I was thinking we were going to be on the older side of attendees, that it would be basically be a bunch of high school misfits with their manscara, guyliner and skinny jeans...and yes there were a few of those but the majority of the crowd probably made for some of the most interesting people watching I have done in a while. Tons of people older than my parents with their mom shirts paired with hot topic jeans with the zipper on the ankle...just wrong I tell you, then there was the takeover of the cowboy boots...I have never seen so many people wearing them at a rock concert...I guess you forget all the little hick towns that surround Salt Lake and Provo...classic!

The concert was way fun, they put on a great show. Jake wanted to do general admission (the last time I did that was my freshman year of college), we survived and had a blast but the next day were really felling that we aren't quite as young as we thought (wore the comfy shoes and my feet were still achy...what the heck!?!)

Waiting through some lame mariachi punk band for the Killers (um did i really just put those two genres together...yes I did, and you can imagine how lame that was)







During one of the songs they shot confetti out over the crowd it seriously looked like it was snowing
Our good friend Greg Camp joined us at the concert, we busted some Macguiver action to get him on the floor with us (its amazing what a little chewing gum and a torn off wristband can do)
Rockin' out to the Killers
The set list

3 comments:

THE SMITHS said...

FUN! I love the killers! what a great gift to give Jake! lucky guy! he better of gave you a foot rub!
glad you had fun! we need to get together soon!
- Jeni

Brit n' Ryan said...

Fun stuff! And I too wonder why some moms just have to try so hard when they get old? And why hicks don't try at all? Maybe I'll know when I'm an old hick mom...oh wait, guess I'll never know :) Happy Birthday Jake, you have a great wife, I love her!

makana said...

What a fun day! Happy late bday