So to start with you need a little history...Jake is Greek. When we started dating Jake told me this, and pretty much led me to believe that when I met his family it would be something akin to My Big Fat Greek Wedding...ya not so much. To Jake's credit his Great Grandpa did immigrate to America from Greece and changed their last name from Apostolopolis to Apostol to be more American, and Jake's mom did attend Greek school as a girl to appease her Greek Orthodox grandfather, and at family events there is the occasional serving pastries such as Greek Easter cookies etc, but that's about as far as it goes. I have always been infatuated with the Greek culture/mythology/architecture and Jake obviously is rather proud of his heritage so as a family we embrace it. (Do we plan on going there by our 10th anniversary, have I maybe checked out the Greek bilingual baby DVD from the library....when waiting for Bishops apt etc. do we maybe check out info on the senior mission to Greece...GUILTY on all accounts) So when we heard about the annual Greek Festival in Downtown Salt Lake you know we were there :)
+Greek+Festival+-+food.jpg)
SLC Greek Festival 2009






3 comments:
Holli. I love you. we REALLY need to play more this year PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!! Call me,.. and if you don't,.. wel,.. I will call you hummkay!?
how fun!!! greece looks like an amazing place to visit, you should definitely do all those things.
Are you turning into Ben-jammin?? I had to look up what epicurean meant. next thing I know you'll be saying microcosm in your blog. heheee just kidding!! :)
how fun! and cute family picture!
Post a Comment