Last week Jake joined in on the restless nights club, though for different reasons. Between the two of us, I am pretty sure we got less sleep than thirteen-year-olds at a slumber party. The reason for his sleepless nights was that his first semester grades came out last Friday. The experience was an all together nervewrecking one. His law school asks the bottom 25% of the class to withdrawal. He felt rather confident after finals, but the long waiting period can really mess with your head. The combination of it taking forever for grades to be posted, coupled with the fact that the one exam at the end of the semester WAS his grade, with no other indicators along the way of how you are doing; not to mention that ever since they had started their second semester, the professors were offering their office hours to students that might need a shoulder to cry on, made for a really nervewrecking waiting experience. The anticipation and uncertainty is what made that week one of restlessness for him. Then 4pm Friday came. By this point I was nervous for him! He logged online and the next thing I saw was him jumping off the couch and what I would describe as his version of a superbowl touchdown dance. He did extremely well, better than he was even hoping he would.
Then the good news kept coming. Saturday there is a career day fair at UCLA, where law school students interview for summer internships. Weeks ago they had to put together their resumes and cover letters and get them into the potential employers who would be attending the fair. The employers then would sort through the applications, and possibly offer a few law school students interviews for the opportunity to do a summer clerkship (internship) with them. Early this week the results were posted, Jake got almost all his top choices, including some really prestigious ones such as the United States Federal Trade Commission, the United States Judicial Department, the State Bar of California as well as a couple others. We are so proud of him, no matter what happens with those, its amazing for him to even have the opportunity to interview. He has been putting in ten to twelve (sometimes more) hour days, so it is great to see all of his hard work paying off. We are way excited to see what happens, or what other opportunities come his way.
Friday, February 1, 2008
Congrats Jake :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






4 comments:
Thats SOOO awesome!! Congrats!! By the way,.. I have gotten into some leagl trouble!! Just kidding! I would never! ;)
Congrats Jake, great job! Holli, I hope you are feeling a little better, you know I love you! Take care!
P.S. When do you find out where you will be moving?
Jake you rock!! I always knew law school would suit you just fine. We are so excited for you.
Jake, This is mom commenting from Dad's site because I can't seem to get in from my address...I'm so proud of you...Keep up the good work!
Post a Comment