There have been a few myths of pregnancy that I have hoped were just that...myth. The one about your feet growing and the one about your bellybutton popping out. I've always had a pretty deep innie so I thought there was no way it was going to pop out, but this weekend I looked down and half of it was slowly making its way to the surface, where it was almost flush with the rest of my stomach. The whole outtie thing freaks me out a little bit, I'm not gonna lie. Fortunately its still in, but every once in a while I'll look down and it is just teasing me by taking on some weird shape like its just waiting till I forget about it and decides to go all the way out! As for the shoe myth, I am writing it up as a fallacy (or at least hoping and praying that it is, because I love my shoes and would devastated to part with them!).
At a little over 6 months my belly is not quite as big as I would have expected. But I guess that happens sometimes with your first baby. I thought I would have the little basketball belly at this point, but maybe the little guy is trying to be kind to me and stay little so that labor is as easy as possible on me since we all know this pregnancy hasn't been. My big project this last week was packing up all my clothes since the majority of them weren't quite working with my new figure. All that remains in my closet now are my extra long shirts and my maternity clothes (there was no way those jeans I've been wearing since high school were buttoning anymore). It has helped make things a little less depressing when getting ready in the morning. Most mornings my routine consisted of pulling out a shirt only to find out that the days when it had once fit were gone and it had now transformed into a belly shirt (Man I would be one hot mama at the trailer park...with those half shirts and this beer belly stickin out!) But yeah here are some pics of the preggers belly that my mom took this last weekend. My tummy seems to get a little bigger in the evening, supposedly it has something to do with the muscles relaxing...so you are seeing it in its prime.
Monday, February 25, 2008
THE BELLY BUMP
(I know you gotta love Jackie's posing ideas)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






10 comments:
HOlli..you are so cute!!! You look SOOO good!! I can't believe how little you are showing!!! Has your Doctor said anything about your Uterus being tilted? I was going to ask you what, if any colors you are picking for the baby?? Let me know!! I love you chicka!!
Ravishing!!!!
my tummy was still small at 6 months too...it was a different story at 9 though! you looks so cute! good luck with the last trimester!
jake told me he just got his pants let out the other week. guess you both got the belly bump.
You should see my 6 mo picture! I was HUGE! Check out our blog around August to see what I me. You, on the other hand look adorable!
So, a study was just finished. It turns out, the belly button pushes out because the fetus already knows what a submarine is and thinks that the belly button is simply the periscope. Go ahead. Tap on the stomach in morse code and he'll reply in code by pushing it out to represent the dots and dashes. Smart little fetus he is.
Oh Holli, you know I think you're adorable! I heard that all the time too, that because it's your first pregnancy your tummy is a little smaller...that's a good thing. I kept thinking that by the end I would be huge, and it never happened like I thought??? Maybe you'll be a "lucky one" like me and after a tough pregnancy, you'll have an "easy" labor...just get the drugs! love you!
I forgot to tell you...I was horrified at the prospect of my belly button poking out, so my solution...put a band-aid over you belly button, works like a charm!
YAY!!! Finally! You look like a major babe! And I actually think it's kind of cute when I can see the belly button through a pregnant girl's shirt. And I agree about you being small because of course I didn't grace your life until Caleb's birth, but I looked like you do now about four minutes after I conceived. And that is not a joke.
Holli you are darling! I miss you. Am I still saving you a seat at graduation?
Post a Comment