Ok. So I've never been "into" American Idol before. I guess I never really made time for it. Well, Holli and I began watching some of the auditions this year and I thought it was quite amusing. Let me tell you, after getting home from a long day of studying at school, there is nothing like fipping on the tube and watching people (who have very high opinions of themselves), look like complete fools. However, I do have to give them credit because I would never have the cajones to go on that show and try it.
Anyway, since we've been watching it, we saw this kid from Murray, UT. Obviously he endeared me because he was a Utah guy and I wanted him to represent. His name is David Archuleta. I swear he gets better every week. And after each of his performances I think to myself that there is absolutely no way that he will top himself the next week.
In all seriousness, I still don't watch every episode, but I try to make sure that I see his performances. And if I miss it on TV, I hop onto YouTube to check out his latest heroics. This kid is amazing. He should win, and if he doesn't, he still has a long illustrious career ahead of him.
Anyway, "Imagine" by John Lennon is the first song on our playlist. It's what he sang last week and I had goosebumps when I watched it. I kind of hope he doesn't win because it seems like almost all the winners end up doing nothing with their talent, so let's hope that he places anywhere from 2nd to 4th.
Anyway, since we've been watching it, we saw this kid from Murray, UT. Obviously he endeared me because he was a Utah guy and I wanted him to represent. His name is David Archuleta. I swear he gets better every week. And after each of his performances I think to myself that there is absolutely no way that he will top himself the next week.
In all seriousness, I still don't watch every episode, but I try to make sure that I see his performances. And if I miss it on TV, I hop onto YouTube to check out his latest heroics. This kid is amazing. He should win, and if he doesn't, he still has a long illustrious career ahead of him.
Anyway, "Imagine" by John Lennon is the first song on our playlist. It's what he sang last week and I had goosebumps when I watched it. I kind of hope he doesn't win because it seems like almost all the winners end up doing nothing with their talent, so let's hope that he places anywhere from 2nd to 4th.







5 comments:
I agree Jake, he is amazing and humble and really quite likeable, even if he is from Utah---
"Baby, you're all that I want when you're lying here in my arms..." That's what I think when I see that picture. I also love him, and I love American Idol, and as Allie says, I want to eat him for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
David's Mom works for our Uncle. He really is SOOO talented and I believe he is probably the most humble out of all the contestants. Whoot Whoot David!! Also super cute girl Brooke White! Props to the Mormons!!
For sure David Archuleta is the best! You definitely know good music when you hear it Jake! His voice soothes my soul...
i don't like him. I find him kinda annoying actually. ya he can sing but i don't like his attitude. it buggs. It ciuld just be because my nana likes him...
my votes go to that gay stipper guy!! woot woot
:]
--kelsie
Post a Comment