Thursday, March 27, 2008

VISITORS


This last week has been a busy one for us. Apart from the same old same old, we had some visitors which brought a little more excitement to our normal routine.





Jake's friend Mark and his mission companion Sam came down to So Cal a couple weekends ago. On St Patrick's day we met up with them and had lunch and all went to the beach where the boys played a little beach football before they headed back to Utah.








Last Sunday at our house, you would have thought that Christmas had come early as we watched the NCAA March Madness Selection Show...I swear it was worse than any awards show I'd ever seen...boys want to be girls so bad even though they make fun of all of our shows...the "Selection Sunday" show had little graphics and even tried for the anticipation/drama factor...Anyway, as soon as it was announced that BYU would be playing in Anaheim, well, Jake may have just heard he won the lottery....He skowered eBay along with every other site he could manage, while pacing our apartment to see if he could snag tickets for this blessed event. After an evening of no avail he was like a kid who just got told there is no Santa Clause. Fortunately, the next morning we found out BYU students could get tickets, so thanks to Brittany and Rick, the boys got their tickets. So Thursday Jake, Mark, and my dad went to Anaheim to partake in the male ritual they call March Madness. Even though BYU lost and is now 16 years strong without making it past the first round of games, the boys still had a lot of fun.






The Ingles came down for spring break, so we went with them and my family to La Jolla Shores for a picnic. Jake being the crazy Utah boy he is got into the freezing water at dusk and went boogie boarding. As for me I stayed nice an covered. I had gone to the Beach with the family the day before and neglected to take in account that I am the poster child for albino skin these days. I was so concerned at making sure Jaxon was covered in sunscreen it didn't even cross my mind that I was just as pale, and got a wonderful sunburn. I guess those Utah winters killed my streak of always being tan and never burning, but now its turned into a little tan, so maybe all the pain was OK since I don't look so sickly and transparent anymore.




Jake in his new Easter Tie and Holli in her new prego Easter Dress. This was the first Sunday where I started experiencing the swelling that women talk about in pregnancy. I was ambitious and wore some pretty high stilettos (they looked hot, what can I say), yeah prob not a good idea for the next couple months, since by the end of the block my feet felt like they were twice their normal size.
-
-
Monday we went to Sea World with the Watkins and the Ingles. We only lasted a few hours, until we realized that being over 7 1/2 months pregnant and walking around too much pretty much results in my toes swelling to the size of Jimmy Dean sausages, and my back feeling like that of a 90 year old man. As soon as we got home, I ODed on Tylenol and spent the remainder of the afternoon on the couch barley being able to move. (I know...so lame...one day my energy will come back...I hope) But I am way proud of Jake for going to Sea World and conquering his fear. I don't know what happened to him as a child but for some reason he thought Sea World was built atop a big piece of seagull poo, and wanted nothing to do with it. After walking around and discovering that this was indeed a myth he has become open to returning to Sea World.

5 comments:

Scott & Annie said...

Holli - good call on the Easter dress. And what would and Easter dress be if it were paired with flip-flops? I don't blame you for wearing heals! I can't believe you are 7 1/2 months! Crazy! And you definitely have that pregnant glow. I'm serious. You look beautiful. Can't wait to see you guys.

Amanda said...

Oh Holli,.. I love you and miss you!! You look so hot!! I don't know how you, of all people, are going to live without stelletos! Im sorry babe,.. I couldn't even wear flip flops very much, (no arch support) You are in the final stretch!! I need your address, I have a little somspin, somepin I need to send you!! Loves Chicka!

C-Dawg said...

Seagull poo? Jake, you don't have a problem with Discovery or Impleaders but you're afraid of Sea World? It's a Greek thing.

Brit n' Ryan said...

Good to see you're doing so well, your blog looks great! Seems like you've been having lots of fun! I'm so sad here in Georgia without California sun that I've started to fake n' bake :) No shame! love you!

Jamie said...

i miss the beach and the sun! stupid utah! you look absolutely gorgeous girl! you truly are glowing! are you still coming to utah for a baby shower???