Sunday, April 13, 2008

8 Months


I am definitely noticeably pregnant these days, but with the growing bulge also comes a lot of new things...for example:
The water slide tank bladder - you know at the water park those slides that you race some one else down. They have that tank that fills up slowly, and then once its filled up it shoots the person down the water slide, then as soon as it has emptied its self, it immediately starts filling itself up again for the next rider to get the gush of water to push them down the slide. Well, that's my bladder. We were at the grocery store the other day and I swear I went like 5 times (while we were there). I would run to the bathroom, come back and start going down an aisle, and realize that I had to go again. I can only imagine my insides working like that water slide tank, because I think I've emptied it, and literally a few minutes later its totally full. Oh to have a normal body again!!!

Jake and I finished our birthing classes last week (we went once a week for the past 6 weeks). Jake thoroughly enjoyed himself. I swear he was like a 13 year old during a few of those videos and conversations. Seeing as the baby could really come anywhere in the next 5 to 9 weeks, we are just starting to get eager to get it out of me. My mom keeps telling me to get ready for a rocky road for the next little bit, since that is what preps you to do the whole crazy labor thing, so I am just hoping this time goes by fairly quickly...though I dunno if its quite hit either of us that there is a real life human being in there that we are going to be totally responsible for. SCARY!!!




Jaxon is my little buddy during the week. I've been going up to my parents house a few times a week while Jake goes to school and studies, and as finals come up spending a little more time there so he can just focus on school. Well Jaxon has had an infatuation with bellybuttons for a while now, so he always wants to find mine (or really anyone's for that matter). We have been telling him that there is a baby inside my tummy, and I think it has started sinking in too, because now after he finds my bellybutton he will just hug and kiss my tummy and say baby. Jaxon is going to be a great uncle :)

7 comments:

Jake said...

Holli, you are sooo hot!!!

Jake said...

Holli, you are sooo hot!!!

Ashley and Paul Giddings said...

You look great Holli! I am so excited for you! I hope you have a great labor and delivery experience like I did- it makes the process that much easier. We are moving back to Murrieta in a week and a half! I can hardly wait although I am not excited to pack up my house- that is never fun! ANyways, we will have to get together- especially after your baby comes..

Jamie said...

you are such a gorgeous prego girlie! can't wait for your little one to get here! you'll do great! :)

Jamie said...

i got the invite to your shower and i'll be there! :)

Brit n' Ryan said...

Are you getting excited? Only a few more weeks! That's crazy! You look great, hopefully you're feeling great too! It's good to see that Jake thinks that "your are soooo hot" lol! Love you lots!

makana said...

you look fantasic! My little niece does the same thing.. well, kissing my tummy. ANd soon you will have your very own! YAHOO!!