His little foot
Since we found out we were pregnant we have been given so many due dates that we were confused as to when we should be expecting the little guy. At our first doctors appointment we were told June 5th (this is the date they give you when you tell them the first day of your last menstrual cycle, and we all know how accurate that one is...I think that there is prob a handful of women in the world who are actually that regular and can go off this one). We had a sonogram that same week, to make sure everything was ok since I was so sick. There they told us June 10th as the due date with all the measurements etc. taken into account. When we went to the ultrasound place in the mall to find out the sex of the baby, the measurements made it look like it was somewhere right in between June 5th and June 10th, so the date we've been going with was June 7th. At a subsequent visit the doctor checked again it was still looking like that, so we continued to go with June 7th, but we were still feeling a little uneasy giving a date since we'd gotten so many at this point. This last week I had a doctor’s appointment and he measured my uterus and told me I was actually measuring big. This surprised me since I felt like I wasn’t showing as much as I had expected at this point. I was supposedly 27 weeks, but according to the measurement he'd taken I was measuring at 31 weeks. Since Jake and I aren't big people my thoughts were not, “Oh its going to be a huge baby!” but more, "Maybe it'll come sooner than we thought and this torture they call pregnancy will end!" We had a sonogram the end of that week and they took like twenty minutes worth of measurements, and then told us that according to those, I was exactly 28 weeks which would make the due date May 30th. So we'll see if at my next doctors appointment he changes the due date or not.
It was fun to see the little guy, though it was a bit harder this time since he's getting big. The screen pretty much could focus in on just one part of him at a time. But we got some pics of his cute little feet, so we'll have to wait and see if those toes are Jake's curly toes or my Flintstones. The tech was trying to get a shot of his face, but he kept hiding it, never allowing her to get the picture. During this time, as she was moving around to get the different angles, you see one of his legs was totally strait with the other one crossed over it like he was just relaxing enjoying himself in there. (Now, lets not enjoy yourself too much in there, I am a much bigger fan of the early arrival in May rather then being late and not appearing till June!)
It was fun to see the little guy, though it was a bit harder this time since he's getting big. The screen pretty much could focus in on just one part of him at a time. But we got some pics of his cute little feet, so we'll have to wait and see if those toes are Jake's curly toes or my Flintstones. The tech was trying to get a shot of his face, but he kept hiding it, never allowing her to get the picture. During this time, as she was moving around to get the different angles, you see one of his legs was totally strait with the other one crossed over it like he was just relaxing enjoying himself in there. (Now, lets not enjoy yourself too much in there, I am a much bigger fan of the early arrival in May rather then being late and not appearing till June!)







7 comments:
We are so excited for you guys, pregnancy is definatly not easy but totally worth it. It is so exciting to see how the baby is growing and sort of see what he is going to look like. There will be so many times where you will get so many different due dates, we always told people around the week of and that seemed to do ok. Again we are so excited for you and call us when you are in town and we can come by and say hi and see the little guy when he gets here.
So cute! Have you named this little guy yet? You don't have much more time! Can't wait to see you (all 3 of you) in June!
How crazy! He will come when he's ready no matter what the Dr.'s say but for your sake I hope its May too! It will be here before you know it! Brooklynn is almost two months old already! I'm telling you, time flies after you are no longer pregnant! Miss ya girl. Sorry to hear you don't need me to save you a seat but do you know you can still walk and you have til the end of July to finish those independent study classes. That's what I am doing. I am walking in April but still have some classes to finish up.
Holli,.. SOOOO exciting,.. I wish my Doctor would have told me that I was going to pop that cute little thing earlier,.. he didn't so I faked my labor a week early! Whoops!! So whats the name yo? We need to talk,.. I love yoU!!!
Those toes are looking pretty straight to me. Hopefully he will avoid the Lloyd curly toe curse.
I love it! He is so cute already.
Bless his heart he is an angel straight from heaven!
Post a Comment