Tuesday, May 31, 2011

While Moms Away the Boy Will Play

While I went home to abide by the Dr's orders of bed rest; Carder got to stay in California with his Mimi & Poppy.  He had a blast playing with everyone, including his “girlfriend” Kelsie and her boyfriend Kyle who he says is his best friend because he plays soccer and jumps on the trampoline with him (I swear my child thinks he is way older than he is because all his BFFs are guys in their late teens/early 20s...and how a toddler gets teenage boys wrapped around his little finger I still haven't got that figured out).  

While there the lucky boy got to go to preschool with Jaxon, went to Disneyland and the San Diego Zoo.  I was glad he got to do all those fun things since the poor child has had the biggest fuddy duddy for a mother the past few months due to all the pregnancy issues (being sick, preterm contractions etc.) but was also a little jealous of all his fun outings and a little worried he’d never want to come back to me after having such a fun time (which has proven to be a little true since in the time he has been back he has requested several times that he go back to California by himself).  

Disneyland

My Mom said that when they got on the tram to go to the park the boys kept asking her what ride it was
The boys loved pretty much everything about Disneyland except the Matterhorn.  I guess the attendants had them ride together in a seat and my mom had to sit behind them.  The combo of riding by themselves, with the sharp turns and dark tunnels (not to mention that "scary" abominable snowman) freaked them out a bit.  I guess their comment after the ride was "I am never going on that again in my whole life!"
My Mom said that they were the best boys ever at Disneyland (Carder sometimes has a bit of a listening problem, so I was a little worried for my Mom doing two boys by herself, but they proved to be amazing for her)








The boys at Jedi Training...they came home and showed me all the moves they learned with their light sabers.  Jaxon wants to be a Jedi, while Carder switches between wanting to be a Jedi and saying he wants to be on the dark side and is especially fond of Darth Mal...why does my child love naughty things?!?


At least I know now its not just me that can't get a normal face out of this kid




My mom took them over to California Adventure at the end of the day and I guess it was pretty desolate.  They spent the majority of their time in the "Bugs Life" land and were able to ride those little rides over and over again.  Carders favorite ride was this train that I guess you go through all these different foods like you are a caterpillar and it sends out the smells of the food at you (he has liked to tell me about the watermelon and cookies which I guess smelt especially tasty to him).  




San Diego Zoo

I couldn't get quite as much info out of Carder about the Zoo but he seemed to have enjoyed himself.  He told me his favorite thing to see was the Zebras. My Mom told me they probably liked playing at all the little parks and climbing on stuff more then actually seeing the animals.
I swear my mom has a picture of me on this exact turtle when I was Carders age...she said she was trying to recreate it with him but there were too many people around





Again with the crazy faces...if anyone has some special trick to get a normal smile out of a child please do share

We love hippopotamus'... Carder has this animal book and in it, it shows a real picture of a hippo with his mouth open.  Anyway his teeth are all yellow and brown.  Carder finds the teeth to be absolutely disgusting...lets just say I have an excellent teeth brusher now since he does not want hippopotamus teeth.

Steak & Shake
My parents brought Carder back up for his birthday (and stayed with us the couple days before it). We met up with them at Steak and Shake, a restaurant my Dad grew up going to in Illinois. He was quite excited to re experience some of his childhood and I was happy to come along because that place is so yummy. They put one in one of the Casinos up here and there is always a line out the door for it, and after you try one of their shakes you'll understand why.


My silly boy...I was so happy to get him back!
Photobucket

1 comment:

Rick said...

Does Carder have one of those cool backpacks of an animal with a long tail? When/If I have kids, I'm getting those and daisy-chaining my kids together.