Sunday, May 15, 2011

Oh to be a seahorse...

I was reading Carder his little kids National Geographic magazine the other day and came across this article about Seahorses...


Not gonna lie I am experiencing some major envy issues towards the female seahorse...why can this not be how we do things?

I love Carder more than life itself, but getting him here was the worst thing I have ever experienced.  I'm not talking about the labor, that was nothing compared to 9 months of extreme nausea which required a daily suppository for me to keep even water down.  The only good thing about having gone through all of that is that I have been able to look at the not so pleasant experiences of this pregnancy and remember that it could be a lot worse. 

Its been a little bit hard to keep that perspective lately.  I have been nauseous this whole time but in the past little bit it has come on with a vengeance.  I am at least able to keep food down this time around (as you can tell with my 40+ pound weight gain!)  I feel like a beluga whale.  I choose that animal strategically for a number of reasons...

Firstly because of the stark whiteness that both that animal and I share at the moment.  For some reason people like to tell you that you have a "glow" when you are pregnant.  In my head I am thinking, nope that is not a glow its just really good bronzer because without it I look a little bit dead.  The second reason is the obvious blubber.  Not only do I get the body blubber, but I get to be extra special and get what I fondly refer to as booby blubber.  My sister teases me that I am carrying triplets, and since the blub goes all the way up to my collar bone, my toddler has become fond of hitting the chub that protrudes out of anything I wear (seriously only a turttleneck would cover it up) and has named them "fatty" and "squishy".  Oh children and their brutal honesty...

Then I got some light at the end of the tunnel...a couple weeks ago I got a call from my doctors office to tell me that my C Section has officially been scheduled for June 16th at noon.

But you know that would make things far too simple for this body which just loves to be pregnant (note the sarcasm)...I went in for my routine Drs visit last Monday and after telling him about the fairly regular braxtons/contractions I have been experiencing he decided to check me and run a test to see if they were really doing anything (its called an FFN test).  Anyways I ended up being dilated to what he described as a "good one," then he ran the test and put in in a bag for me to take over to the hospital where I was supposed to go to get monitored.  Well my 30 minute appt turned into a 4 1/2 hour hospital adventure.  To make a long story short the test came back positive which means I am at high risk to go into labor in the next two weeks (and since I was 33.5 weeks at the time, that would not be a good thing).  So I have been put on total bed rest (like where I have been told to only get up to go to the bathroom/get something to eat), and also told that I am not supposed to lift Carder (please tell me how that is supposed to work?)  

My mom came up and got Carder and is keeping him for a bit so I can try and follow the bed rest orders and keep this little lady inside of me and out of ICU.  But man oh man am I wishing I could be a seahorse right now!



Photobucket

3 comments:

makana hansen said...

I was so happy for Mckay to visit and so sad I couldn't come! And I am now double sad that you are on bed rest but happy that your mom got carder so the little princess can stay inside as long as possible. Does that make me indifferent? But I think it is a good indifferent. yep, that comment just made ZERO sense.
Hope you make it all the way to June 16th

makana hansen said...

Oh, ps. Not that is really matters but my blog address is
mkhansens.blogspot.com. The old one is linked up in the sidebar.
So what names do you have? I love hearing baby names

Hans and Chelsey said...

I second that I hope you make it to the 16th. Hopefully all goes well with your little one. Good luck and take care.