So my Mom came up to get Carder for a bit so I could try and follow the Doctors orders and do the whole bedrest thing. Since it was my birthday that week and since I didn't want to be away from Carder that long, I went back to California with them through the weekend (when Jake came out and met up with us and then brought me back for my Dr's appts and to continue to abide by my bedrest).
I turned 25 on the 13th of May. I was so not looking forward to my birthday due to SO being over being pregnant not to mention the fact I was put on bedrest. But my parents were able to still make my birthday so special. I was awakened in the morning with breakfast in bed. Two little boys (Jaxon and Carder) were so proud of the breakfast of crepes and fresh strawberries (yum!) that they had helped make for me. I don't think I have ever had someone be so proud of me in my life for blowing out my candles as my little Mr Carder was that morning...I just love that boy!
Most of my day was spent either in bed or sitting on the couch, but I did cheat a little and went to lunch with my mom and sister Kelsie (and of course the little boys). Then I got a fun surprise when one of my best friends in the whole world came over with her kiddos to visit me on my special day. My Dad had gotten me a delicious chocolate cake from Coldstone...(um seriously one of the best birthday cakes I have ever experienced... do I feel a craving starting to set in?!?) Jake came into town later that night and showered me with gifts such as a pregnancy spa day and luxurious pillow for the bathtub (where I have been spending much of my time these days... seriously I dunno too many things that are better then soaking in a hot tub sporting the comfiest bathtub pillow ever while indulging in a glass of Sonic Ice (yes they sell it by the bag load there, it's only like $3 for a 10 lb. bag... delicious!)
 |
| Me, Carder, Skylee, Brittney & Jaxon |
 |
| The kiddos thoroughly enjoying their delicious slices ice cream cake |
 |
| Kelsie had her prom that weekend...Carder told her she looked "fancy". Her prom date Kyle came over earlier that week and Carder got him to jump on the trampoline and play soccer with him...he now claims that Kyle is his new best friend. |
 |
| Me at a little over 34 weeks |
 |
| My Mom snapped this with out telling me she was taking a picture, but I think this face perfectly demonstrates how I am feeling these days |
For those of you who know Jake, you know he is really good at researching stuff. If you want to know something he is usually able to find it out for you within minutes. Well, he really out did himself (I have referred to his mad skills as superhero research powers after this find). For my birthday he found out where one of my favorite restaurants, that we'd thought had closed down years ago due to the economy, had relocated. Oh Fuji's how I'd missed you...that white sauce...so yummy!!! It's a Japanese restaurant where they cook in front of you, it had been a family tradition of ours to go for our birthdays all growing up, so it was so fun to share that tradition with Carder (he was mesmerized by the cook, I think his favorite part was when they made the onion volcano with flames shooting out the top).
 |
| The boys could have spent the whole night looking at the Koi fish |
 |
| I just love these boys...cheesy smiles and all |
 |
| We got Carder a pair of those cheater chop sticks...he was so proud of himself for being able to use them, he helped feed me my entire salad |
 |
| Me and my boy (seriously why can't he just do one normal face for a picture!?!) |
 |
| I am pretty sure I am beating Buddha in the belly department these days |
6 comments:
Happy Belated Birthday Holli! Your belly bump is so cute... Is that the Fujiyama place that used to be in Temecula? We went there all the time growing up Yum..
Love the post. Happy Birthday Holli!
Happy birthday holli! I can't believe I didn't wish you one over the phone or at least with a text!! I hope you are doing wonderfully and I can't wait to meet the new baby once she gets here:) stay in contact!! xoxo.
omg fuji's!!!! where did it go? i was just telling frank about it- he had never been and i was saying i wanted to go there so bad but they moved! you'll have to fill me in! miss you guys! xoxo
It was so fun to celebrate with you! I love my first baby girl so much and know that you will love yours too and be such a good momma to her when she finally leaves that warm and dark cocoon she is thriving in!!!! Happy Birthday Princess!!! xoxo
UPDATE YOUR BLOG I'M BORED AND NEED PICS OF CARDER TO ENTERTAIN ME :)
Post a Comment