Monday, October 26, 2009

Warning : Picture Overload

Wow I am really turning into a binge blogger!!! The past few weeks have been a little crazy, but in a good way, but now I just have to catch up, so I apologize for the overload...

The beginning of this month my mom and Jaxon came out to stay with us for a week. It was so fun to have them here, every morning Carder would wake up saying "Mimi" "Ja Jon" his version of Jaxon and just run out to find them. This is the first time that they REALLY played together well. They have always got along in the past, but this time the thoroughly enjoyed each other as playmates. You would constantly hear the pitter patter of little feet as they ran through my house while Carder held onto the back of Jaxon's shirt where ever they would go. And they would just sporadically hug one another...it was so precious. Its a bummer we don't live closer.

My sister in law told me about this sweet haircutting place where the kids get to sit in Cars/Airplanes to get their haircut and get to pick out a movie for their personal TV. Lets just say it was a hit :)

A sucker, The Wiggles, a sweet hot rod chair, and Dad blowing bubbles...now that's how you get through a haircut
Jaxon just jiving on the sweet airplane he gets to sit in
The new do's

So my little brother Jaxon is currently obsessed with Superheros. He is constantly wearing costumes, so one night I got out my old batgirl costume from college and came running down the hall to surprise him, he thought I was pretty cool that night.


Carder taking in on the festivities with his own cape

We had lots of park outings that week, but it has definitely started to get a little chilly so the beanies and mittens had to come out


Poor little California boy with freezing hands at the park (we brought mittens for him the next time)

Cheese

One night the my Mom made cookies with the boys...they are at the age that they want to help with EVERYTHING...pretty much it looked like a flour bomb had exploded in my kitchen, but the boys had a blast making the sugar cookies and cutting out all their shapes, so its all good.
tasting testing after each new ingredient is added
getting their surface ready to roll the dough
Carder thinking he needs to taste the flour as well
I don't think I could have put the flour on him more perfectly
Jaxon (how is he staying so clean?!?)
getting a taste yet again

...and still more tasting (will their be any dough left for cookies?)
Fun Times :)

FALL BREAK

Jake had an interview in Vegas with a Judge for a possible federal clerkship after school, so since we were so close we just went a few more hours to California for the rest of his fall break (I know...Fall Break, what is that? BYU didn't even have a spring break, and Utah has TWO!) It was so nice to bask in the warm weather and just hang out with the fam. We even got to catch one of Kelsie's tennis matches :)

Kelsie our little tennis stud, she made the team after only starting to play at the end of this summer...and the team isn't some joke, Lindsay Davenport graduated from our high school, so we are super impressed with Miss Kelsita!!!
Best Buds
Jake trying to join the superhero club
Holding on to his prized possession "The Wiggles" ... gotta love them they made our LONG drive pretty much outburst fee

2 comments:

Brit n' Ryan said...

I can't wait for the superhero stage, it looks so fun! I can't believe how big Jaxon is now, it's been so long since I've even seen a pic of that little man! Carder is starting to lose his baby face too! I need to see you at Thanksgiving time, NEED I tell ya! We have to make it happen! Love you, and I'm jealous of your cold weather too!

Hans and Chelsey said...

It looks like Carder is going to be a great little cookie maker. I love to taste test too. By the way, love the super hero pics.

Chels