Having a little boy I have quickly become accustomed to the constant acquisition of bumps, scratches and bruises. They climb on everything, and run everywhere so I guess its inevitable.
This weekend we were at home and Jake brought Carder out to me who was crying, Jake told me he bumped his eye by falling into the dresser, and thought he was only crying so hard because it was the same eye he had "bonked" (how Carder tells me he has hit something) by pulling my jewelry armoire on top of himself earlier that evening (never a dull moment I tell you). Anyway, I go to get him and notice blood running down his face, I try to blot it a little and see that it is definitely gaping, this is not just some little scratch, he had split it open.
By this point he had totally stopped crying but was still dripping blood (I swear the child feels no pain, he'll cry for a minute and then its like nothing happened). Anyway I am kind of freaking out on the inside because its a face wound, so I don't know if I need to get him stitches or what. I call my mom, who is a nurse, and ask her what I should do, she seems to be on the fence, so she has me send her some pictures. By this time its like 11:30 at night, so I either have to do something myself or go to the ER (yeah not one of my favorite places to go, but its on his FACE so I just may have to). We come to the conclusion that it is a pretty clean cut so I could just steri-strip/tape it together. Well Carder would have nothing to do with me touching it, we had to get him to sleep and then construct some strips out of the big clear waterproof band aids (ya definitely need to update my first aid stuff!). It went together pretty well, but my mom said it needed to be left on for at least 72 hours, so I couldn't check on it or anything. Well, we took it off a couple of days ago, and it just looks like a little scratch (thank goodness!)...so I guess my primitive nursing skills aren't so bad.
Day 1
The wound...mind you this is after peroxiding it 3 or 4 times so the red part isn't blood its how much it was gaping
Day 2
In the pictures from my last post you may have been asking yourself what was on his face...yeah, it definitely was not some new fashion statement
Day 3
Excuse the horrible pictures, my trusty camera that I have been sporting since I graduated from high school in 2004 has finally started to die one me :(
Day 5
That can't be snow outside our window it's only October...yes, welcome to Salt Lake
+BYUvTCU+-+Carder+%26+Brit2.jpg)






2 comments:
Oh poor Carder.
Poor little guy! That would kinda freak me out too! Glad to see he's doing better! Hope to see you soon! Love you lots!
Post a Comment