Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Gotta Love Fall

Once October hits, the feeling of the holiday season really starts to sink in for me. I just LOVE LOVE LOVE Halloween, so I definitely consider it part of the holiday season, I mean seriously, its up there with Christmas as my favorite holiday. The decorations go up around the 1st of October (I jumped the gun a little this year, since they were up the end of September, but Carder brought that pumpkin home and it looked so lonely sitting there with no spooky friends around, what's a girl to do???)

But here are the reasons I just love the Fall time...

THE PARTIES:OK so anytime I get to get dressed up for an event it totally excites me, but when you get to go all out, like with Halloween Costumes, it just can't get much better than that :) This year we went to this really fun adult only Halloween party, it was a road rally, (kind of like Amazing Race)...Our team totally won...which was just icing on the cake (except for the fact our winning prize was a live mouse...yuck!!!)



THE GOODIES : Peanut butter eyeball cookies, Pumpkin Snickerdoodles, bloody finger sandwiches and all the other festive treats...I Just love 'em all!

POMEGRANATES: I wait around all year for these babies to be in season, and once they are I just go crazy. Seriously my fridge is stocked with a couple boxes of them constantly. I use them in salads, jello, on my cereal, as cheesecake topping, shucks sometimes I just have them in a bowl, grab a spoon and dig in...they're like nectar from the gods!!!




THE MOOD : So I am kind of a nerd, and once October hits I make everyone watch all the Halloween themed shows/movies to help set the mood for the big day. I don't like the yucky gory Halloween movies or anything dark because those just give me nightmares, so we stick to the family friendly ones like ABC family/Disney. It was nice to have Carder enjoying the cheesy flicks with me because usually I am just getting the "I can't believe you are making me watch this" look from Jake as he humors my fetish :)
I just love holiday decorations...how they help set the mood and how they just give such a homey feeling to our house. Carder loved them this year too. He loved wearing his "spooky," "pumpkin," and "ghost" shirts and was totally obsessed with carrying his trick or treat pumpkin around everywhere...best 97 cents I ever spent!





THE WEATHER : October is usually chilly here, but its the last little bit where you can enjoy all the changing leaves and crisp air before all the snow comes and doesn't make its exit til sometime in April...we did get one day of snow this month, but since Carder was absolutely fascinated with it, it made it hard for me to be bitter towards that freezing white stuff. He would just look out the window in totally in awe and say"Sss NO...Sss NO," it was fun to see him get so excited about it. Plus I just love the way he looks all bundled up...It makes me want to just eat him up!!!

2 comments:

Brit n' Ryan said...

AMEN SISTER! You know I'm totally the same way with all the movies, Ryan kinda makes fun of me, but at least now I got a couple kids to be my excuse :) I love fall too, but here in GA it's just an extension of summer...ugh! Looking forward to seeing you soon. love ya!

Domestic Bliss(ters) said...

Carder is TOO cute! He looks a lot older than Tyson, but Tyson is so skinny! Tyson had that cute Long sleeve striped Hurley shirt Carder is wearing in one of the pics. Good taste, momma! Anyway, you guys look great. Hope everything is going well!