Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Whirlwind




This week has been a whirlwind of events. We had both sides of our family come into town, it was my Mom's birthday, we blessed Carder, my best friend Whitney got married and I was in the wedding party, my best friend Brittney and her daughter Skylee were in town from Georgia and we found out that we are relocating...IN LESS THAN A WEEK! I know whirlwind is definitely an understatement.

We were preparing for the family who were coming into town. I came home from running some of the preparatory errands, Jake sat down and checked his email and was informed that he had been accepted as a transfer student to University of Utah's S.J. Quinney College of Law. The first of our family members arrived a couple hours from getting that news, so this week was filled with fun times with the fam coupled with the stresses of planning a move!!! It'll be a great opportunity for Jake, but I will def miss my fam. With Jake being gone so much due to school and work, I've been over there a lot with the whole pregnancy sickness and then the new baby. Its been great to have them so close. Well, now the heat is on, the last of the Family left this morning and Jake picks up the moving truck on Saturday. We finally secured housing this weekend, so now we've just got to get it all ready in the next 4 or 5 days. (I guess I should be a pro by now since this is our 4th move in less than two years of marriage!) He leaves with the Uhaul Sunday, then Carder and I fly up Thursday.
So here we go back to the cold! Wish me luck because I think I've become a wuss being spoiled with the beautiful San Diego winters!!! But, its going to be great for Jake's law career and I will get to finish school as well (yeah Independent Study, sounds better than it really is)...On that note there will be no allegiance to the U, we still bleed blue through and through!!!

Other than that we had a wonderful week with all of our family who came down for the blessing, it was just nice to spend time with everyone.



Here Are Some Pics from the Last Week:



OCEANSIDE
Carder loves the Beach...I swear he never naps better :) Here is one of our Beach days with the family from last week



WHIT & RYAN'S WEDDING




Blackey, Whitey & Holli all Married Women!!!

Mama with Carder lookin' GQ




CARDER'S BLESSING






Holli & Brittney with their babies


The Fam (not pictured Gma & Gpa Watkins & the kids who were in Primary)

MOM'S BIRTHDAY



Oh my, like my mom and sister don't make me look albino enough...I am pretty sure my son who's never seen the sun has more of a tan than me!!!


CARDER

Carder is smiling all the time these days...here are a few attempts at capturing the smile that melts my heart

6 comments:

Brit n' Ryan said...

I love all these pictures of Carder (and the rest of you too)! What a stud! If you don't mind sending the few pictures you took of us while we were there, I didn't take any!!! Anyways, good luck this weekend, I know it's stressful. We love you!

Amanda said...

OH MY GOODNESS OH MY GOODNESS OH MY GOONDESS!!! I am SOOOO happy you are moving back to Utah!!!! I can't wait to see you beautiful face and meet this beautiful boy of yours!!! Call me when you get this and have a minute to talk!!! I love you!!!

Anonymous said...

The wonderful thing about the University of Utah is that they refuse to suck like byu does. Have fun!

Jake said...

Wait 'til November 22nd, then we'll talk.

Ashley&Nathan Speaker said...

I can't believe that you guys moved back to Uta.. Sad :( Im going to California next week to visit.. I want to see Carder super bad! Hopefully we can see you guys in Utah in October when we come to Utah! And by the way, he is just getting more and more handome by the day! :) (Carder that is..) :)
See y'all soon, Love Ya!

Melanie said...

first of all, your little boy is SO cute! Second of all, White whitney got married?! I am so happy everyone is doing so well! I miss you girlies