Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Out of the Stone Age





So for the first whole week we were here we had no TV and no Internet. Basically we had no idea what was going on in the world (like we weren't already removed enough with a new baby). But Comcast finally came and now Jake can stop rolling around our house on the rolly office chair trying to get some signal he could bum off of for a few minutes (oh its true, this was a regular occurrence...can't you just picture him doing it).




Jake started school last week and started his externship with the Federal Judge (the Honorable J. Thomas Greene), which he is especially excited about this week. I also started school this week. I am taking one class at Salt Lake Center and will prob pick up a few independent study classes as well so I can finally get that diploma and not feel the guilt every time I pick up any book that isn't for a class or spend time on any other hobby because all I can think is "you just gotta get those last few classes done, then you can do other stuff". Anyway it worked out well I just go one night a week and Jake and Carder get a couple of hours of nice bonding time. It was just so weird to put on that backpack again. I know its been just over a year, but prior to that I had attended school for the past fifteen years strait, and so much has happened with the baby etc. so it feels like it had been forever ago, so I was definitely feeling a little anxious. But it was a good experience though when I got home I couldn't put Carder down for a couple hours...its crazy how attached you get the little guy.




Our new neighborhood seems like its going to be really nice (ask me again once it starts snowing). We have most of the big stuff put together, but unpacking the boxes is taking forever, (Carder doesn't really help the cause). It was nice though, my family brought my sister Brittany up to school this last weekend, so they stayed with us for a couple days, it was a nice to have them it helped to slowly ease me into the fact that I'll be seeing less of them.




Other than that since we've been up here Carder turned 3 months (I totally see now what parents mean when they say how time just flies by) and Jake and I celebrated our two year anniversary on the 25th. We had a wonderful dinner up in Park City while Jake's mom watched Carder for the evening.


Here is a look at what we've been up to:


I've been trying to get his pictures done at all the milestones (newborn, 6 weeks, 3 months, 6 months etc) So here are some of his 3 month pictures...




While my family was here we went to Hoogle Zoo. It was Carder and Jaxons first time at the Zoo. Carder liked looking around at first but for the majority of the time he took it as a nice place to nap while he had a stroller ride.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH my gosh Holli! The pictures are adorable! Jacks and I will be up in Salt Lake at the end of Sept. so we have to do lunch or something! Can't wait to meet the little guy.

StephNyd said...

I bet unpacking is not very fun right now, both of sisters just bought houses a couple weeks ago and they are still living out of boxes. Cute post and I loved meeting Carder the other day, he is so dang adorable and I love the three month pics of him smiling. I'm glad you guys like where you live, but just like you, I am NOT ready or looking forward to the snow coming. I've lived in Utah pretty much my whole life and I have never really liked the snow all that much or the cold for that matter. Have fun getting settled. See ya soon.

Katie Bolton said...

He's SO cute Holli!! :) Those pictures are adorable!
-katie

Katie Bolton said...

And OH MY GOSH Jaxson is getting so BIG!
-katie

Jamie said...

good luck getting all the way unpacked. i'm glad you got to spend some time with your fam. i know how hard it is to be away from them. and that's awesome that you're gonna get all finished up with school. i envy you...wish i could, but i have a long way to go. those pics of carder are precious. he's so sweet. hope all is well!

Camille said...

He is so adorable! You two must be proud parents! Congratulations!