Monday, April 16, 2012

Easter

For one reason or another we have been around a lot of family for Easter the past few years (last year we were in Mesa for a Brown family reunion, the year before that my whole family was in town for Brittany & Leon's wedding, and the year before that we had my cousin Jared and my sister Brittany over for dinner, etc. ) This year we were flying solo, so even though I had my wisdom teeth removed just two days before, I was determined to still make my kids have a somewhat acceptable Easter.


Sunday morning they got on their Easter clothes (we have 9am church), and then they got to have a quick preview of their baskets and pick a couple of things to bring along with them to sacrament meeting...


Carder with his Easter basket
He was quite excited about all the Superhero stuff that the bunny hooked him up with (especially his Batman, Superman & Green Lantern PEZ dispensers) but for his Church treat he opted for some Marvel Comic laffy taffy's instead

Brenn with her Easter basket

These puffs are one of her favorites. I constantly find her fishing through my diaper bag to get these out (and yes she has even figured out how to get the lid off). At that point, they are usually at least partially dumped out as she has just helped herself to them. Silly girl.

After Church I busted a Mama Jackie and made everyone stay in their Easter clothes till I was able to satisfy my picture taking needs...
Silly Faces (I guess I just have to be grateful they were both looking at me at the same time)
Brenn




Carder
and a picture taking experience with Carder wouldn't be complete with his wide array of facial expressions.
Jake & the kids

Me with the kids (gotta love the puffy cheeks!)

Brenn just loves her brother so much she wants to watch whatever he is doing him all the time!

Jake was so great to let me take a nap as I was still recovering and was even able to talk Carder into taking a nap (that only happens once in a blue moon these days), so that he could do an egg hunt afterwards...
Carder ready to start hunting
Brenn was quite content to just sit in the grass and shake the eggs (though she did pop one open and sneak a sour patch jelly bean...Oh Brenn!)




(and yes that is a patch of snow behind Carder..even though Easter Day was beautiful, it snowed the Friday before, so places in our yard that are primarily shaded still had some snow patches...gotta love Utah!)
After the egg hunt Carder and I colored some eggs (he and Jake LOVE hard boiled eggs, so we only got to enjoy those decorated bad boys for a couple hours)



He is showing you his "Flash" egg...it is supposed to be red (the homemade egg dye wasn't quite as vibrant as I had hoped it to be) with a yellow lightning bolt (just like the superhero Flash symbol)
and a superhero egg couldn't be complete without muscles to accompany it.
Carder with his finished creations.


And that was our Easter...though the kids had a good time with all the pomp and circumstance of their baskets and egg hunts I was really grateful at how Carder was able to grasp the concept of the resurrection of our Savior. Though his understanding is simple, it is so sweet to hear him tell us how Jesus died and then he came back to life and because he did that, all of us will be resurrected and get to be together as a family forever. I couldn't help as I would look down at Brenn this weekend especially at the quiet moment like when I'd be feeding her or rocking her to sleep, but think about my sister Lauren (who she is named after) who is looking down on us from heaven. I am so grateful to my Savior to have made it possible or us to be able to see her again. I know He lived and died and came to live again and through that sacrifice we will all have that privilege and the blessing to be with those that we love most for time and all eternity. We send our love to you all and hope you all had a wonderful Easter :)


Photobucket

No comments: