A couple of weekends ago Jake's sister Annie called and invited us to meet up with them in downtown Salt Lake to go to the LDS Church History Museum. I guess they recently put a new Book of Mormon children's area into a wing of the museum. The weather was nice, Brenn was napped and nursed, so into the car we all went to go join up with the Osmonds.
 |
| Caleb, Carder and Jake helping navigate Nephi's ship |
 |
| Jake and Carder putting the slats in to help build Nephi's ship |
 |
Carder posing with Nephi
Speaking of Nephi, I got a funny email the other day from one of the teachers in Carders primary. It said: "Carder was so cute in Primary yesterday. I was teaching a lesson and I had the kids dress up like Nephi and they pretended they were on the ship to the promised land. Carder was Nephi and I said that his brothers started to complain and the wind was blowing and the boat was moving back and forth. Carder says "well I guess we will never get to the promised land". |
 |
| Carder in his Mariachi vest...I am not really sure what this had to do with the Book of Mormon, but one whole room was a cultural room where they could dress up in Mexican folk costumes and learn a dance |
 |
| The boys building their Zarahemla temple |
 |
| Their basically finished creation. |
 |
| Brenn even got in on the fun. |
 |
| Her favorite part was the little garden where the vegetables were in shapes and you fit them in the holes (again not sure what it had to do with the BoM, but it was set up like provident living/feeding the missionaries, so all good things I guess). |
 |
| She was still too little to master putting the right shape in the right hole, but she was content just to get ahold of those veggies and crawl around with them. |
 |
| The highlight of the Museum experience for the kids was actually not in the kids section, but rather in the original museum. It was the part that talked about how people immigrated on boats. They had these bunk beds set up like the ones people would have had when taking passage on the ships (the guide told us that a family got ONE bunk!) But right next to the bunks was this plank of wood that the kids were walking across that teetered back and forth simulating how it would have been to walk on the boat swaying on the waves. I think each of the kids did it about one hundred times. They had a blast, and to make things even better it was all totally free!!! |
1 comment:
Hey... We have been here too and we loved it. It is free to which is the best thing. We went 2 winters ago and it was great! Looks as though you guys had fun too. :O
P.S. Brenn.... so stinkin' cute. Carder is a heartbreaker as usual.
Post a Comment