I dunno what it is about Christmas time, but it makes me a little kid again. When we go back to California I am still the first one up and for the past few years have I been guilty of waking up my little boy... guilty. This year was no different. I thought Carder would be ready to go running for Santa's goods, but that morning of course I woke up first (any other day of the year getting up in the morning is excruciating, but for some reason I just cannot sleep in on Christmas). Knowing my 3 1/2 year old I knew I should let him wake up on his own otherwise we were going to have a pretty rocky day, so after doing some laundry and taking full advantage of the squeaky floors in our old house he finally started to wake up. I tried to tell him that santa came, and his response to me was "But Santa already came to Grandma & Grandpa Apostol's house and brought me some fruit snacks." Then I told him I thought I had seen some new toys out there, well that got him up and out of bed.
Earlier that month when I was putting up the Christmas tree he was lining up his toys...(something he always does). My house is constantly a mess, but its all in lines, we call it organized chaos. Anyway I was not really liking the idea of him bringing all of his toys out to the living room so I tried to tell him he needed to take them back to his room because Santa needed to have some room when he was going to come to our house. He then let me know that he was lining these toys up for Santa, so he could just wrap these toys up for him to give him on Christmas. If only Jake and I had been aware of this! Well lets just say that the NEW toys Santa brought Carder may have excited him a bit more.
 |
| Carder helping Brenn with her stocking |
 |
| Brenn with her Santa goods |
 |
| Carder with his Santa stuff...he was so excited about his new superhero stuff he said "Wow Mom, Santa really loves me" |
 |
| Part of my Christmas was getting to fly with Brenn to California Christmas evening, so since Carder was not being monitored so closely due to his Mom packing like a mad woman I am pretty sure he finished off most of the Lifesavers in this book that day |
 |
| Brenn with her "Lady Purse" as Carder calls it |
 |
| Carder has been going on and on about this "Bake Pops" Infomercial since Thanksgiving, every time he saw it on tv he would say "Oh I wish I was 18" or something to that extent (because at the end you know how they say must be 18 or older to call) anyway he was ecstatic to score these from Mr. Clause |
 |
| The Kiddos (Carder was too busy stuffing his mouth with lifesavers to look up at me) |
 |
| Carder with his "Two Faced" jacket...yes to get my child to wear church clothes we have to tell him that is what the superheros/villains wear |
 |
| Carder loved his present from Brenn... |
 |
| But I think he loved even more how much she liked the present he picked out for her. |
 |
| This big brother sure does love his little sister and she just ADORES him! |
 |
| Carder getting serious with his new Batcave... |
 |
| Brenn so happy to finally have some PINK toys! |
No comments:
Post a Comment