A couple weeks ago we found out that we would be expecting baby number 2 in June of 2011. Carder is so excited to be a big brother. He'll lay across my belly giving it a hug and a kiss and say "I'm your big brudder." Or the other day when Carder and I were talking to my sister Brittany on Skype she asked him what kind of baby was in his Mommys tummy... he told her "a sister" (I am not sure if he really wants a little girl or has just only really been around girl babies so he just figures all babies are girls?). Then Brittany goes on to ask him what we should name his baby. He thinks about it for a second and then tells her, "nauseous!" (He got quite the response from her on that one, so will repeat that whenever anyone asks him that same question now).
I was really scared to do to pregnancy thing again since I got so sick last time with Carder, but he has been so good with everything and such a good little helper. I have been feeling sick the past few weeks and he has been so cute about it. He'll give my tummy kisses to make it feel better (oh the magic the boo boo kiss has to a toddler), or when he and Jake took Carder to the grocery store the other day, Carder tells Jake "We need to get Mommy some ginger-ale so she doesn't feel nauseous." (I have been trying everything to kick the nausea, and the current studies are saying ginger helps, so I've tried that and even popping chunks of sushi grade ginger...I still don't know that I am too convinced). Or when I am having a tough day he''ll go run over to the pantry and say, "I'm gonna get you someping special," then he'll grab something totally random to bring to me (i.e. a tostada shell, toddler teething biscuit (why those are still in my pantry I don't know) or whatever else he can reach) and asks "that make you feel better Mom?" So even though I haven't been feeling my best, its hard to get too down with him being so sweet and helpful all the time.
We had a doctors appointment earlier this month and everything is looking good. I was a little nervous about finding a new doctor since I had such a good experience with the one I had in San Diego, but after the appointment I feel optimistic. He told me we would do everything we could to keep me off of at home IV since taking the Phennergan suppository up through my 7th or 8th month isn't really an option this time since I have a 2 1/2 year old to take care of. So he sent me home with something like 5 or 6 prescriptions so that we can try and stay ahead of the sickness (I seriously felt like my great grandma as I walked out with my shopping bag full of meds from CVS), but so far it has been controlled well and even though I don't feel the greatest, I haven't had any major episodes that would send me to the ER like I did with Carder (formally known as the parasite), so I can't really complain. We are excited for the new addition to our family this summer (its just too bad the whole stork myth can't be true).







15 comments:
Congrats Holli! We are really excited for you. :)
I feel for you and being sick. I hope it doesn't get as bad as it did your first time around. Being sick and going through all of that again is the main reason I think I might just stick with my two girls and call it good.
How's the weather in Vegas? Nate and I are flying there on Thursday for his company Christmas party for three days. I'm excited for warmer weather since Logan is ICE cold right now.
Anyway, congrats again!
YAY!! I just found out from Annie a week or two ago...so fun!!! It's crazy that there will be so many new babies around the same time in the Lloyd family. So glad you are feeling better this time around...hopefully it lasts!!
congrats holli!!!!! Baby number 2...gosh that is crazy stuff...I am so excited for you guys though! Hopefully you feel a little better then your first! :-) But its all worth it right?!?! at least just keep telling yourself that. lol.
Congrats! That is so exciting :)
Congrats! That's awesome! I hope your nausea stays under wraps.
Congrats Holli! #2 wow I can't believe it... I hope you don't get to sick this time, I love that Carder is taking care of you.
I love that Carder is so tender with the bun in the oven. Congrats! You are a great mom already so what a lucky spirit to be born into such a fabulous family.
yay! congrats girl! i'm so excited for you! i'm glad carder is being a good little helper for ya. hope you continue to feel okay!
Wow what a surprise! We are very excited for your great news. Congratulations to all of you. BTW I loved the stories of Carder. What a cutie.
What a great big brother and helper already! congratulations! wow baby #2...that is so exciting!!
CONGRATS! Cant believe your already on baby #2. I hope the sickness is no where near what you had before. I hope the meds help control it and so cute that Carder wants to help mommy. Such a good little boy! He will make a great big brother!
I was just barely thinking to myself, 'I wonder when Jake and Holli will have another baby'. So I checked your blog and wouldn't you know it! Congrats!!
Shandie
Congrats Holli! I totally feel your pain about the Nauseous thing! I am still nauseous at 30 weeks! I took phenergran for 2 months to help with the throwing up and now the only thing i like is Unsiom and B6! I hope you can survive and that the worst of it passes quickly!
Congratulations!!! How exciting! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you that things stay relatively calm. :)
Congrats Holli! Hope you guys had a great holiday!
Post a Comment