The week before Thanksgiving my Mom came up to Vegas and picked me and Carder up to bring us back to California. That week we celebrated Jaxon's 4th birthday and I got some much needed help with the little guy while I was having some pretty bad sick days with the little bambino in the belly.
Saturday we flew from California to Utah to meet up with Jake and his family. Carder was amazing on the flight! Oh my gosh he just sat there and watched the little TV (even though once he did change it from the cartoons I had on for him to ESPN College Game day and let me know "Mom I want to watch this" ), read books and looked out the window. I guess I haven't flown with him since I had to fight him to stay on my lap, so this experience was SOOO refreshing!
For Thanksgiving week this year we went to visit Jake's family in Utah. I don't know what it is about me but every time we make a trip up there there it decides to dump snow (even when our trip is in May!?!). Carder was excited about my curse though since our first night there he got to go outside and play in the fluffy white stuff and build a snowman with his Grandma. (Is it just me or does he look like the little brother in "A Christmas Story" with all his winter layers?).
Carder is usually not a fan of being cold, but he had such a blast with Grandma he could have stayed out there all night
Carder loved playing with his cousins Caleb and Jaynie...
and getting to see all his aunts and uncles...
Carder loved all the time he got to spend with his uncle Coleman. Cole just got done with his first season of pop warner football, and also takes guitar lessons (two things that Carder thinks are pretty much the coolest things ever), so he would just follow Cole around everywhere.
One day Cole let him wear his football helmet...Carder wore it all morning...
He posed with it...
He watched "wiggles" wearing it...
While we were up there we had the opportunity to go see the exhibit at BYU's Museum of Art. Its a bunch of paintings from Carl Bloch...super cool if you are there anytime from now til May I would definitely recommend going to that. Anyway we are trying to explain to Carder we are at BYU, we show him the Y on the mountain, point out the campus etc. Then as we are leaving, we drive by the football stadium and he starts yelling "BYU!" and then goes on to tell us he is gonna tackle the guys and put points on the scoreboard. Seriously thats what it takes for him to realize he's at BYU...Oh Jake what have you done to him!
It was a fun week with the Fam...Thanks everyone for a great Thanksgiving!



















2 comments:
Being with family and playing in the snow is the best. Too bad we didn't know that you were here... you probably didn't have a lot of time, but we would have loved to see ya. : )
Oh yay! We miss you guys already...Caleb just asked, "Is March when we can visit Carder?"
Post a Comment