Halloween is my Dad's favorite holiday. To him it may just be bigger then Christmas. He and Jaxon kept asking us if we'd come down to go trick or treating with them, but since we'd just made the trip down, a couple weeks ago, we declined. But Saturday, Jake and I decided what the heck, and decided to make the road trip and surprise them. I'm glad we did too because Carder had such a good time.
Saturday was my Parents ward party/trunk or treat. This time Carder was adamant on wearing the pirate hat. Jaxon is Octomus Prime (the transformer).
I experienced the most amazing Chili of my life this night. There was seriously 30+ pots of different kinds of soups and Chilies, but there was this one Cuban style one that sort of reminded me of a Cafe Rio Shredded pork burrito made into a chili...SO YUMMY!
(Mom & Dad I seriously need you guys to get me that recipe!)
After dinner the kids went inside for some games and a costume contest...Carder won best costume for the 3 and under category.
Carder showing of his prize for winning...it was a light up ghost necklace. I don't think he understood that he won a contest really, but he was quite happy about the prize.
Me with the boys
This guy in my parents ward came dressed as a member if KISS and Carder was totally infatuated. He has seen the Dr Pepper commercial a few times and every time he sees their (KISS) picture (in the grocery store etc) he says "The Cherry Song!" It took me forever to figure out what he was talking about (Its amazing how young they are affected by commercials!)...anyway at the party he kept asking us if he could go see Dr Pepper. But then when Jake took him over there he got a little scared (as you can tell in the picture). But he just wanted to stand next to "Dr Pepper" and look at him all night. Since then we have had to download "Calling Dr Love" from I Tunes and this has been his rock song of choice as of late.
Checking out their spoils from the Trunk or Treat
Halloween night was a little bit colder then I anticipated, so we raided Jaxon's dress up box and Carder decided to be Iron Man since we could put warm clothes under it better then the Pirate costume.
The Super Boys
We started off with the mask, but it kept falling off or sliding down so he couldn't see, so by the time we left, it got ditched...
And the trick or treaters were off...
They were so stinkin cute holding hands down the street
Carder may have loved the peoples decorations more then the candy. There was this one that he called "The Ghost Ball" that he was especially intrigued by. When you walked in front of it, it talked to you. Lets just say, he is still talking about the ghost ball and how he needs one at his house.
I couldn't get over how ginormous Carder looked walking hand in hand with Jake while he was trick or treating!
Another night of scoring a ton of candy...
Happy Halloween!!!






5 comments:
My mom told me about Carder and My dad! So funny, I would be freaked out too!
Thanks for letting me into your lives a little. Really enjoy seeing the cute pics and watching Carder grow up. Your doing a great joy, you and Jake. Keep up the good work. Love ya Grandma Karen
Cute family, Carder is adorable and Holy Moly that's a ton of candy...
Lovin' the pirate costume!
Speaking of Halloween, Jake, I was reminiscing about the time we dressed up and went around to the apartments in King Henry with a BoomBox and Usher's Yeah blaring over and over. That had to be my favorite Halloween ever.
Post a Comment