Monday, May 27, 2013

A Weekend of Sweets, Hearts and Sweethearts

February starts the string of all the little no-stress holidays that we love to have fun with. This year we had lots of fun trying out some old (my Great Grandma Tuttle's) recipes and some new ones. Carder loved the sugar cookies and was happy to make as many batches as he could.
I had plans of bringing them to neighbors/my visiting teachees but between us, the Johnsons and our newfound  little cookie monster they never made it out our front door! (oops!!!)
Carder had his first experience of bringing Valentines to school this year. The Valentines  weren't allowed to have any candy (lame), but it was still so much fun to get his little class list and see him write all of his classmates' names as well as his own on the cards.
The kids got super excited to receive their box from Grandpa and Grandma. I am not sure what brought them more joy, the gifts inside or playing in the box and packing peanuts.
We did a babysitting swap with Brit and Leon so that we were each able to go out for Vday (one of the awesome perks of having them live right down the street.) We took the kiddos on the actual Valentine's Day. We made our own fancy dinner making personal heart shaped pizzas.



They took our kids later that weekend while we went to a fun couples Sweetheart party. They did a bunch of minute to win-it games and not to brag or anything but Jake and I dominated! (we are way too competitive I know...there was a time where we couldn't even play Scategories with each other, but now we have focused our efforts on beating Leon, who always manages to win by a margin!).
Jake balancing 7 ding dongs on his forehead. 
Later that weekend our church put on a Daddy daughter dance. We contemplated having Jake take Brenn, thinking she might be too little, but he was so glad that he did because she had a blast dancing the night away with her Daddy and her cousin Ellie. 
My inner Jackie came out as I busted the full on photo shoot before I let them walk out the door.

The Dads did a fabulous job following through on our request of getting some pictures at the dance. (Brittany and I wanted so badly to be flies on the wall, but we refrained and let them have their night.)
Photobucket

No comments: