Sunday, March 17, 2013

Fresh Pond

Here I go once again playing catch up. My Nana & Papa come here later this week for a day before they go on a cruise and then will be coming back here for Easter, so that is giving me a push to try and get current once again (some of these pics from a few months ago don't even look like Brenn <she is getting way too big way too fast> and I've gotta make it so they recognize the child!)

Growing up when I heard the word "pond" I thought of some glorified puddle--maybe a really small body of water where there might be some frogs sitting on lily pads etc., but not back here. A pond back here is what I would refer to as a lake (these things are as big as the Deer Valley Reservoir in Provo Canyon) and they are everywhere. We live really close to one called Fresh Pond. There is a great walking path that goes around the entire pond (about 3 miles) and the kids love to go for family walks there. As fall hit us the warm weather was far and few between, but one particular Sunday was beautiful (not to mention we had 2 o'clock church at the time, so coming up with stuff to keep the kidlets entertained all day was becoming quite the creative endeavor), anyway we took the kiddies for a walk to take advantage of the sunny day.

Our favorite section of Fresh Pond is this little sub pond area called Black's Nook. You can get up right next to the water, not to mention it has lots of ducks and some fun wooden bridges that the kids love to run on.
Black's Nook
It was a hoot seeing Brenn run all over the place in her winter getup...she looked like the jet puff Marshmallow man. I just wanna eat her up when she's all bundled up like the kid from "A Christmas Story."



Photobucket

No comments: