| Carder has a crazy imagination. His mind is always going a million miles a minute coming up with new things to do, create, become, etc. Sometimes this can be exhausting for the parents (I can't tell you how many times a day I have to reassemble the couch because he has taken all the cushions/pillows to make a beaver dam, ship, or fortress). One of his favorite things to do these days is all things superheroes. He wants to know everything about them, what their real names are, what there powers are, etc. I admit we have spent far too much time on the Marvel and DC websites looking up the superhero bios. (I am little bit scared I might be able to hold my own with the guys on Big Bang Theory). Carder loves to dress up like the superheroes (or sometimes the villains) and act like them (yes many of my days have been spent talking like Poison Ivy). |
| Here he is being the "Joker" from Batman...he came out of his room one night with what he told us was chalk rubbed all over his face to create this look. |
| While we were perusing the toy aisle on a shopping trip he insisted on dressing up in the Captain America gear |
He looked so cute in it I took a picture with my phone and sent it to my Mom and sisters. It spawned this copycat picture a few weeks later.
![]() |
| Kelsie you make an amazing Captain if I do say so myself :) |
Here he is being Spidey Prime as he called himself
His favorite superhero at the moment is Cyclops from X-Men. He found this red headband of mine and puts it over his eyes and then makes sound effects like he is shooting lasers from his eyes. You may be wondering if he can he see out of this blindfold like contraption...not really. He wanders around the house like a blind person yet he still wears it ALL THE TIME. Strange child.
I don't know what he was being here. He got a hold of my Mom's sunglasses and put them on upside down. Gotta love him.
The other thing that I need to be better at doing is writing down all the funny things he says. With that mind that is always going a million miles a minute there is never a dull moment around here and he is always entertaining us with the things he says. Here are the ones that have caught our attention lately:
Carder was climbing on this school bus toy we have in the front room. On the wall above the toy are some wedding pictures of Jake and Me. Carder is looking at them and asks,
Carder: Is this when you got married to dad?
Me : Yes
Carder: How come you have flowers?
Me: When you get married that is one of the special things you get to have
Carder: When I marry Brenn I am going to get her some flowers
A little Appalachia...maybe. But for now its just cute and brings a big smile to my face that my kids love each other so much!
I many times refer to Carder as my 3 year-old teenager. The child argues with me all the time (and he is good at it too, sometimes he can come up with some pretty good points and has been known to stump his parents...I now know why the phrase "because I told you so" is so infamous). Anyway we have had to talk a lot about talking back and how when we ask him to do (or not do) something and he argues with us or tells us "no" that that is talking back, and that is not ok to do to your parents. One afternoon I was having this conversation with him yet again and he stops for a minute to think and then says to me,
Carder: "So saying No is talking back"
Mom: Yes
Carder: "So saying Yes is talking Forward?"
I couldn't help but chuckle at that. We are still struggling with this concept at our home because now he has started telling us to stop talking back to him when our answer to him is no.
Jake was feeding Brenn dinner in the kitchen and while he was feeding her he was singing her the song "We are a Happy Family." We used to sing Carder that song all the time when he was a baby, so being the music lover that he is, as soon as he heard that tune he made his way into the kitchen to join in on the song.
Carder : Hey Jake, you're a good dad.
The weather had been getting warmer so Carder was playing outside in the backyard. He came in with some flowers he had picked for me and I put them in my hair so he would know how much I loved them. His response to me was...
Carder: Mom you look so beautiful. If you put those flowers in your hair you could get married to Dad again.
A few days later Jake was outside cleaning up the yard with Carder and Carder picked some flowers and gave them to Jake. Carder tells Jake that he needs to take these flowers and give them to Mom because she is his honey bunny.
For all the craziness that little boy can sometimes bring to our lives, we sure do love him!







No comments:
Post a Comment