Tuesday, November 8, 2011

THE MOVE

We have moved A LOT. But for some reason this move was particularly difficult. I don’t know if it was the fact that every time I got a box halfway packed it was time to nurse the baby again or the 3 year old who wanted to do some packing of his own (which included either unpacking the stuff that I had just packed or his own creations of some very interesting filled boxes that I had to later repack without him knowing because he was too proud of the work he had done), the fact that every time I packed a box I would think to myself “I just get to do this all again in a year,” or maybe the fact that Jake’s last day of work was literally the day that we drove away in our moving truck (thank Brenn's immunizations for that one) so I was flying solo for the bulk of the packing-up experience. Whatever the case, this move was downright EXHAUSTING!

I have to admit, I was a little cocky thinking I had it all covered. This would be our 7th move since we have been married so I was thinking I had it down to a science. I started packing everything up two weeks before we were supposed to pick up the truck and was thinking I totally had it in the bag. Boy was I wrong! The weekend came where we were supposed to pack up the truck and even though I had been packing boxes at every down moment I had, it didn’t look like a dent had been made. Thankfully my sweet ANGEL parents came up from California and my Aunt Kimi and her family (who also live in Vegas) came by and helped us get the rest of our house and truck all packed up. (Seriously if it wasn’t for them I am pretty sure we would still be in Vegas). It was utter chaos, but we got it done. Then after Jake finished up his workday Monday we headed up to Utah. Jake took Carder in the 26 foot U-Haul with car in tow and I braved driving our SUV with little miss Brenn in the back (I definitely don’t recommend that one if you have a choice! Seriously nursing a baby and driving solo is not the most serene experience). We hit some gnarly hail/lightning storms on our way up but with a little help from some ridiculous road construction which took a lot of concentration on my part (I felt a little like I was playing a human version of the video game Pacman) and some Ace of Base we were able to stay awake and get to Jake's parents house safely. What has happened to me?! Not too long ago I was able to stay awake til the wee hours of the morning no problem, but oh my gosh I was dying on this drive.

The next day we made the rest of the drive up to Bountiful to the house we had never seen in the city we had never been to. Jake’s Mom was awesome to have checked it out for us and sent us a bunch of pictures, but it was still a little nerve wrecking having never seen it on our own. We were pleasantly surprised with our “fancy grandma house” as we like to call it. There are 5+ kinds of floor treatments, 4+ wall paper motifs and some drapes that would make you feel like you just made a visit to your local funeral parlor. But it works. Jake's family was awesome to help us unload the truck once we got here and I was super-motivated for the first few days getting unpacked. I did the kitchen, family room and kids rooms , but have since hit a wall (hence the fact I am still searching through boxes to find anything to wear for myself). The goal is to have it all put together by the time the little lady starts moving. She turned 5 months this last week, so if she is anything like her big brother that only gives me a month to get my act together!!!


When my Mama is in town you can always expect to get a bizillion pictures...I just love her for that! Here are some from our moving days...
Miss Brenn


Brenn with her boys
The Bobos

The boys came across some of my hats while we were packing up and they made a fun time of doing some of their famous poses while sporting them...



Once we got to our new house Jake's mom had brought some goodies for everyone helping us move it...Well Carder took it upon himself to climb up into our new kitchen sink and man the bag of candy. Halloween came a little early for him this year.


Photobucket

2 comments:

Unknown said...

oh my. I am exhausted just reading this. you're amazing miss hollie :-)

Hans and Chelsey said...

What an adventure!