Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Boys Day Out

Once all the family left we had some health issues at our house. I had to go to the hospital due to some preterm contractions (everything ended up being fine, I just have to take it super easy to keep them at bay) and then Carder came down with a nasty cold, which I ended up getting as well. I dunno if it was due to being pregnant but I got it SUPER bad where I ended up having to go on antibiotics to clear it up. It should be illegal for Moms to get sick when they have a sick kid. The last thing in the world you should ever have to do is clean up vomit when you are feeling like you are on your deathbed. Carder fortunately got over it much quicker than I did, so Jake and he had a boys day by going to the Springs Preserve. Carder loved his day with Dad, and Mom got some much needed R&R to help her recover.

Poor Carder was dressed by Dad who decided to not do his hair and then put him in his tan church socks with his play shoes and jeans...Oh Jake what am I gonna do with you?


Carder was fascinated with the desert animals that were there. He came home and told me all about the snakes and bats that he'd seen.

He learned all about erosion while he was there. It is hilarious listening to your 2 year old say the word erosion let alone having him teach you all about what it is.
Photobucket

2 comments:

Ashley&Nathan Speaker said...

Ha ha ha.... I love that jake doesnt know how to dress Carder, cuz nathan has no idea how to dress Kaycee and it drives me crazy!! Hope you are feeling better, it really sucks being sick when pregnant!! Ugh!

Domestic Bliss(ters) said...

So I just posted on your facebook, but we're having babies the same time again! And, I had preterm labor this time around too. Weird. Your little boy is adorable, I'm sure you're daughter will be gorgeous! Hope you're doing well!