Saturday, January 22, 2011

MLK Weekend

Since last weekend was Martin Luther King weekend, Jake's youngest siblings had a nice long weekend, so his parents and two youngest siblings decided to get out of the snow for a weekend and come visit us here in Vegas.  Carder was so excited to have everybody come to his house.  We went to a sweet brunch buffet at Red Rock (I mean seriously breakfast for $4.99...love it!)  And then later went on a hike at Red Rock (which is this nature preserve thing with all these trailheads off of it).  I made them choose an easy one, I think it was the children's discovery trail, but wowzer there was a couple times I didn't know if I was gonna make it.  (It has only been a couple weeks since unloading the dishwasher would make me start to black out, so I was pretty proud of myself for completing the hike).  Carder loved getting to ride in his hiking pack and getting to see the mountain goats up on the hilltop and the waterfall.





The night before they left we took everyone down to the Bellagio fountains.  This was the first time Carder had seen them too, and lets just say he LOVED them (he asks daily to go back). 






Thanks for visiting guys...we loved having you all here :)
Photobucket

1 comment:

Leon and Brittany said...

I want more pictures of you!! Um but seriously i miss that little man he is so precious.