All last summer when we were staying with my aunt and uncle they tried talking us into going to Mt Charleston. If you know me you know I am not super outdoorsy, so I dragged my feet a little when it'd get brought up. Also the fact that supposedly 45 mins outside of Vegas its this mountain oasis with pine trees and cooler weather, it's a little hard to believe. But, after a year the Rapps convinced us and we finally went up there for Labor Day. Surprisingly it was really cool a lot like Sundance in Provo. Who'd have thought? It was a fun day with the Rapps and the Bensons. We had a picnic at the lodge and did a little nature walk/hike with the kids.
I was finally able to convince Carder to try the headphones for the DVD player...I mean the wiggles are nice and all, but I would really like some adult radio time on a long car trip!
The kids loved running around the ski lifts
We got creative with the ski lift and made a swing for the kids, the lift swayed just enough to keep them entertained
Will, Carder & Halle
After we ate and did some playing around the resort, we went on our little hike. Carder thought he was the man exploring all the rocks, sticks and pine cones (not to mention that he got to follow 6 year old Will around who Carder absolutely idolizes)
We came across this big pile of logs, one of which had been carven into a chair...the kids thought that was pretty neat
Gotta have the "energy" (thats what Carder calls Gatorade...he's obsessed)
And that's Mt Charleston...
+Headphones3.jpg)
+Mt+Charelston+-+Carder2.jpg)
+Mt+Charelston+-+Kiddos5.jpg)
+Mt+Charelston+-+Carder13.jpg)
+Mt+Charelston+-+Carder14.jpg)
+Mt+Charelston+-+Kiddos11.jpg)
+Mt+Charelston+-+Carder9.jpg)
+Mt+Charelston+-+Jake+%26+Carder1.jpg)
+Mt+Charelston+-+Jake+%26+Carder3.jpg)






No comments:
Post a Comment