Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Fireworks & Family Fun

As the bar is coming closer the less and less we see of Jake. He came down for that weekend, but he was either at the library, face behind a book or we saw the back of his head at the computer screen. I really can't wait till this test is over...do I maybe have a countdown in my cell phone for when its done? (guilty!)

Anyway, he was able to peel away from studying to take Carder for a Father Son outing at Home Depot to build something, do some swimming and enjoy some fireworks with us on the Fourth of July. Ever since the Murrieta Birthday party Carder has been saying "I have fun at the Fireworks...You have fun at the Fireworks?" He will just say this out of nowhere, so I was really excited for him to get to see some fireworks again since he'd enjoyed them so much.

Every so often Home Depot has a project set up on a Saturday for kids to come do, they usually get an orange apron and get to build something...which Carder thought was the coolest. They made a periscope, but the aprons were on backorder, so I guess Jake will be taking him again one of these Saturdays.



Carder has just turned into a little fish this summer. He just loves to be in the pool. Jake grew up in Utah, so the only time he really had access to a pool was on vacations, so whenever he gets to swim he turns into a little kid as well. This day we also got the pleasure of Kelsie joining us. She left her cell phone inside and spent time with us giving us her full attention, not sending a single text...Amazing I tell you! Thanks Kels, we loved playing with you!
Jake trying to talk Carder into coming into the pool, he'd got on that raft for a second, but quickly decided it was "too cold, too cold...go in hot one"



The Action Shots




Carder is becoming quite the daredevil jumping off the step into the Jacuzzi and now is even jumping off the rocks!



Kelsie showing off her mad tennis guns

The little trouble maker doing what he does best...make trouble, his favorite thing is to throw chairs into the Jacuzzi


On our way to Fireworks...Carder with his classic Cheese Face
Watching the Fireworks





Kelsie & Jaxon watching Fireworks...Jaxon thought he was the coolest kid ever getting to lay on top of the Van with Kelsie


Our Attempt at a Family Picture (I guess Carder couldn't miss out on a single Firework)...Oh well at least as he puts it "Dat was a fun day...you have a fun day?" Yes we did.

No comments: