So last night we had a ward family night at this park near my parents house. There are a few grassy areas, a couple small baseball fields and a kiddy park. Anyway, before the activity started we took Jaxon and Carder over to the park. They'd been playing for a while, and then this kid who was probably 18 months or so comes up to them. Carder of course tries to make friends with the child, pointing out the robot on the kids shirt etc. I see the kid poking at Carder and Jaxon and don't know if it is a mean poke or an exploratory, checking them out one. Then I see him hit Jaxon. Carder goes over to get to the ladder that goes up to the slide, and the little kid follows, I see him push Carder, so I get up to tell the child to not do that, because there is no parent to be found for the kid. Just as I round the play structure Carder starts wailing. Then an older child informs me that the other kid had bit him on the lip, (great just what he needed...prior to leaving he'd split his head open on the piano, not his lucky day). I asked the kid if he knew where the little boys Mom was he points her out to me, Carder is just screaming at the top of his lungs in pain, so I just held him and got him out of there as quick as possible, trying to calm him down. Before I left though the older boy got this lady's attention, who mind you is sitting like 30 feet away watching some little league practice at the baseball field paying absolutely zero attention to her human bear trap of a child. I hear her screaming "WHAT'D HE DO!" I told her that he'd bitten Carder. I'm not gonna lie, I wanted to stay and tell her off, but decided Carder was more important than my temper, so I instead took him back to where the ward activity was going on and attended to him. He is still screaming bloody murder, and he's not one to really react to pain, so I check out his lip and don't see anything, but notice his chin is pretty red, then I see under his chin and it looks like he had been attacked by a wild animal...poor baby! Kelsie came back over with Jaxon a few minutes later and told me that once I'd left that the Mom came over to her child and bit him. She BIT him. Did the thought of pushing the little boy down maybe cross my mind for a second, YES, but I wouldn't actually do it! Lady its kinda your fault, if you'd have been paying any bit of attention to your child this probably wouldn't have happened. Then she never sought us out for an apology or anything...RUDE.
By the time we got home (a few hours later) he chin was totally inflamed and red, I swear that rotten little kid had rabies! I tried to catch it on camera, but the pictures look way more tame than the actual wound...
Carder back to his normal smiley self
and then these are from today...under the chin is where its worst, but he wouldn't really let me take a picture of it






6 comments:
holli,.. I'm so sorry! That SAME THING happened to me,.. a kid bit Bailey at a McDonalds in Provo,... and the mom didn't do anything, and then when I saw her kid bite another kid,.. I let loose. I was SOOOO mad! Parents know if their kids are biters and it KILLS me, when these parents aren't watching their kid like a hawk. Dummies!
OH MY... What a devil child!!! poor baby, I would have pushed him over haha..
You should have beaten that lady up, then Carder really could say, "My mom can beat up your mom." Just kidding of course.
I firmly believe that the first child that does something like this to my kid, I will immediately tell him the following:
1. The truth about Santa, Tooth Fairy, etc.
2. That he was purchased at Kmart, on sale, and they tried to return him. No luck.
3. If he eats all the sand in the sandbox, a genie will appear and grant him 3 wishes.
4. Every time he goes down the slide, it makes his mother love him less.
(I can go on for days. I guess, when it comes to my future children, I'm willing to ruin lives for them. Or, at least put a spike in the therapist market for 3-5 year olds. Just saying.)
Oh my goodness! That story makes me so nervous to let Arlee play on the playgrounds with other kids. Not only to have some kid do that to her, but if she did that to them. Yikes that would be so embarrasing!
Holli! Please give baby Carder a hug for me. i miss that little boy! and i would love to talk bachelorette with you anytime...hope you are doing well! miss ya!
Post a Comment