Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Payback

It seems like growing up that if you do something less then desirable something is said to the extent of "just wait until you have kids, you'll get your payback."  I thought that this mostly referred to the teenage years, but a couple weeks ago I found out that not only is this true, but it starts much earlier then you'd think...

Back Story...

My parents have this home video of me when I was a little girl.  We were at my Nana's house in Texas and  they come into the bathroom and I am sitting in the sink covered in liquid foundation.  I guess I had dumped the whole bottle all over myself. When they ask me what I was doing I tell them I was trying to be a Witch/Indian.

Fast Forward to Present Day...

Carder was playing upstairs while I was downstairs.  I wasn't really worried about him because I had made sure any room that he wasn't supposed to be in was shut off, and even had a baby gate put up in front of the bathroom of my parents room (its connected to the main bedroom, and that is where he especially likes to get into trouble).  Well he had been pretty quiet for awhile now, and when that happens there is usually trouble a brewin'.  I go upstairs to check on him and find this...




He had knocked the baby gate down out of the door frame, and gotten into one of my Mom's lipsticks and done some "beautiful" artwork on himself.  When I asked him what he was doing he said "Look Pretty."

Man oh man am I in for it for the next few years!!!


Photobucket

1 comment:

Tiffanie White said...

That's awesome!! And yes, we ALL get our payback some way or another... and when our kids grow up THEY will too!! Payback never ends I guess :)

about the "looking pretty", hopefully he grows out of that at a younger age :)