Tuesday, May 25, 2010

My Baby is TWO!!!

Yesterday was Carder's birthday...I can't believe he is already two!

We took him to the doctor right before we moved for his two year old check up, I thought I had set aside his papers to record his stats, but I can't find them anywhere, so I am guessing they got packed.
(note to self...add that info when its found)

At two years old Carder:
* knows all his letters
* knows his birthday
* can spell his name verbally
* knows his shapes, his favorite is an octagon
* knows most of his numbers and can count to fifteen consistently and sometimes into the twenties
* knows his colors (though he often tells me red is blue, do those colors look alike if you're color blind?)
* loves reading books (has this book "Urban Babies" that we checked out from the library memorized...I just love to hear him say architecture!)
* loves music and loves singing songs, especially the ABC song, the Cougar fight song and pretty much anything from the Wiggles (to name a few)
* is still totally obsessed with the Wiggles
* still has more energy than the energizer bunny...really not fair that a child can run on less sleep than his mama
* likes to close his eyes and walk around the house like he's Helen Keller when he is trying to be silly...what the heck?!?
* hates beds to be made...instead he likes to push everything off (pillows, sheets etc) and run around and jump on the mattress
* could eat pasta for every meal
* loves to brush his teeth
* loves water (swimming, the bathtub, the toilet...seriously any body of water)
* is talking really well and mostly in phrases or sentences, though there are times especially when he gets excited or is being silly that I have to just nod my head and say "uh huh" or "really" because I have no idea what he is jabbering on and on about
* runs everywhere and climbs on everything, and for some reason still puts almost everything in his mouth

Just around Jake's graduation Carder had started being bothered by his diaper, saying "change a diapa, change a diapa" whenever it was soiled. Then he progressed into asking "big boy potty, big boy potty" he was doing great for a few days, going every time he asked for the big boy potty, but then he discovered toilet paper and flushing the toilet, so sometimes he'll request to go just so he can play with those things. The worst is when he wakes me up at six in the morning saying, "big boy potty, big boy potty," rolling out of bed at that hour is not the highlight of my day but how can you sleep though that request...and then when he goes his big blue eyes light up and a gigantic grin spreads across his face as he tells you "I did it!" (that helps ease the pain of the extra early wake up call a bit). I wasn't planning on doing the whole potty training thing til we were semi settled in our next place, but we did go on a special trip to get "big boy underwear" this week and he held that package tight in his arms the whole time he was sitting in that shopping cart, so maybe it'll be sooner than I thought.

The Birthday
When he woke up we did a little birthday breakfast and of course blew out some candles (that is what he thinks a birthday is all about)
After he blew out the candle, he pulled it out and I was thinking he was going to lick off the frosting, but instead took a nice chunk out of that big waxy candle...ya not the best idea


Carder thinks he is a rockstar...he loves doing air guitar and drums and sing 3 Doors Down's song Kryptonite (because it says Superman in the chorus), so he was super excited to get his own "real" guitar just like Murray from the wiggles.


Then Jake and I took the boys to a little park
Jaxon drove himself and Carder to the park, but once we got there, Carder decided he would try driving that car himself...
not so good at steering


Then we went to the beach where Carder got to do what he loved...play in water and throw things like rocks and dirt





When we got back from the beach, we went to a bigger park that we had promised him earlier we'd take him to




They boys ran the bases
and chased after bunnies
and I attempted to get just one two year old birthday picture where he was looking at me smiling...no success there
Then we came home and did some more blowing out the candles and had some birthday cake.

All in all it was a wonderful day...We love our little honey bunny!!!
Photobucket

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that boy!!! Happy Birthday Carder!!!!!!Love, Mimi

Anonymous said...

I love that boy!!! Happy Birthday Carder!!!!!!Love, Mimi

StephNyd said...

He's such a handsome little man Holli! :)

Hans and Chelsey said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR CARDER HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! LOVE,
THE HOGES.

Brit n' Ryan said...

Happy Belated B-day Carder! I can NOT get over how big he is! Seriously, how did that happen?! Looks like a great day :) Love you guys!