So this summer I have totally felt like a gypsy. We went from Utah to Vegas, then Carder and I went to CA for a couple weeks, then back to Utah and now back to Vegas to finish up Jake's internship (and I make another trip to CA again in a week just before we do our last couple weeks here in Vegas and then its back to Salt Lake for Jake's last year of law school...I am exhausted just thinking about it all)
So yes I know I have been a horrible blogger, but I promise once this crazy summer is over I'll do better :) But here is a recap of our summer so far....
When we first got to Vegas Jake and Carder got haircuts to get ready for Jake's summer Job. We celebrated Jake's 26th birthday (which also happened to be his first day of work, which was kinda a bummer, but he had warm chocolate melting cake waiting for him when he got home, so it was still a good birthday even though he had to work).
The boys with their haircuts :)
JAKE'S BIRTHDAY
VISITORS
While we are in Vegas we have been staying with my Aunt Kimi and Warren. Jared came home to visit for a little bit, so it was fun to hang out
My mom and Jaxon came up for a few days before I went down to California with them. We have made some friends here the Hollands, they have a little boy who is Jaxon's age, so the boys did some play dates. Carder wants to be a big boy and have friends so bad, so they were nice to let him be included in their big boy fun :)
Jake had this crazy long paper to work on, so Carder and I went to CA to go see my family for a couple weeks. Jake came out at the weekend (which also happened to be the Murrieta birthday party), It was fun to run into some old friends there, and super sweet to rock out to the Journey tribute band. Carder had a blast playing with Jaxon and trying to do everything to be just like him. He is getting more and more active as you can tell by a new battle wound in every picture...crazy little boy! It was fun to have my sisters at home its been awhile since we've all been able to just hang out.
Carder sporting the pedialite. So I guess I may have just been lucky but up to this point Carder had never really thrown up. Spit up yes, but nothing I would consider throwing up. Well this week changed all that. He got sick and I experienced things that I can only explain as clumps of cottage cheese, I'm talking in my hair down my shirt...I know its sick, but as gross as it was I didn't freak out like I thought I would have, you just feel so bad for the little guy...I guess that's being a mom.
Jaxon rocking out the the Journey tribute band with his yummy fair treats
CARDER LOVES MIMI & POPPY'S HOUSE
Oh the adventures Carder has at Mimi and Poppy's house. He loves all the toys, playing with his bestie Jaxon and all the fun playmates.
Some other things he loves there are:
Jaxon's workerman goggles. He brings them to me and has me put them on his face and will just walk around the house wearing them.
Playing the piano...well I dunno if we should call it playing, but what ever it is he loves it he even got adventerous and busted some knee action to tickle those ivorys
All the yummy treats. My dad was sitting on the couch eating an ice cream cone one night and Carder just pounces on it. Jaxon thought it was the funniest thing and was laughing hysterically. Not that the yummy ice cream wasn't enough to keep going but now Carder had an audience too...lets just say this was very much enjoyed by him.



When we got back to Utah we got to spend 4th of July with Ryan and Whitney :) We had a BBQ at their house and then watched fireworks together. After every firework Carder would go "ooo" it made the experience only that much more entertaining :) When Jake started his class the next week we had a fun surprise that Cardon was in his class. So I got to spend and afternoon with Whit, which was way fun (I am just bummed I didn't take any pics because Carder absolutely adored Miss WeeWee). Other than that our couple weeks were made up of hanging out with fam and friends, and unpacking our new place (we had only moved in a few days before we came to Vegas, so I had lots to do in that department).
4th OF JULY
HOOGLE ZOO
Caleb and Carder checking out the Monkeys
Carder decided he was too big for his stoller and wanted to walk and check out the animals by himself, lets just say Mr. Indepedent took a decent nap that day
It was a fun day at the Zoo with Jake's family. Carder's favorite part was the penguins, which he fondly refered to as "birdies" and wanted nothing more than to jump in their little pool with them (I guess I can't blame him it was pretty toasty), and the balls in the animals cages. I would be showing him the elephants and all I hear him say is ball and he's pointing to something, I soon realize on the side their is a big red ball for the elephants to play with. Yeah pretty much every exhibit he found the ball and would be totally fixated on that and pay no regard to the animal being featured...silly boy.
GARDEN PARK
There is this sweet Church just down the street from where Jake and I live, its called the Garden Park Building. I thought all LDS churches looked pretty much the same, the steeple in the front, the chaple in the middle with a basketball court overflow just behind it and then class rooms forming a perimeter around that. Yeah not in Salt Lake, there are some crazy churches here. This one used to be a mansion, and the grounds are just beautiful. There is a duck pond and just some really cool architecture and landscaping, so after the zoo we had to show Jake's family this crazy church and let the kids feed the ducks.












3 comments:
Looks like you've had an exciting summer. Too bad we missed you guys when we were in Vegas, that would have been fun to catch up.
Well if you're ever in H-Town...!
Wow you sure have been busy!! we miss you guys!
Seems like the gypsy life has been entertaining for you! Carder is as always a little cutie! So handsome! Good to FINALLY see what you've been up to, and that you're doing well! Love you tons!
Post a Comment