Monday, January 26, 2009

RAISING HIM RIGHT

Carder in his trance watching the game
Carder, Jake & Holli
(at half time we went down and visited Scott, Annie, Caleb & Jaynie who also happened to be at the game)
Brittany, Holli, Jake & Carder
Carder with his Uncle Jared
(Carder absolutely adores Jared, every time he sees him its nonstop smiles and giggles)

Carder had quite a weekend. He turned 8 months on Saturday. We went down to Provo to go to Brooklyn Giddings birthday party, after went over to my sister Brittany's house. She and Jared, along with some of their other friends were going to go to the BYU basketball game, and talked us into coming along. Jake had been trying to figure out a way to go all week so when this was brought up he was all over it. I was a little apprehensive, I didn't know how well Carder would do, plus the stairs in sporting venues freak me out! But to Jake's delight Carder loved his first BYU basketball game. That day he had only taken about and hour and a half nap in the morning, and since the game didn't start til 7pm, I was almost certain we would be leaving early. But as soon as we sat down he was in a trance, just fixated on all the players and we ended up staying the whole game. It was really fun, and we were glad to see he's a BYU fan!

3 comments:

Jackie said...

Go Cougs! We love and miss you all! Love, Mom

Jamie said...

yay, an update! i am always checking your blog for new pics. your little guy is just so dang cute holli! i'm glad you are starting him young with the jazz and byu : ) sadie already has her own {pink} deron williams jersey, thanks to her daddy. hope you are staying warm in utah! xo!

John and Melanie said...

That is right! Make that kid into a Cougar. I got worried when I heard Jake was transferring to the U. You can't start too young with these kids. Jack loves the "boo debils." He doesn't know anything about the Cougs yet. Is this a problem? Absolutely. Anyway, I hope Jake is enjoying law school. I am working in the OC this summer so if you all come to California (you will be in Vegas, right?) we can hang out. Hope you are well.