Friday, June 27, 2008

ONE MONTH


(Pics of Carder at 1 week old)

Carder turned a month this week. Its crazy to think we've had him in our lives that long, yet its just as crazy to think its only been a month! Jake has already completed half of his internship for the summer (It'll defiantly be nice to have him home a little more once its over). Carder is keeping me super busy, he is already showing signs of a manly appetite needing to eat pretty much every hour (his teen years are going to be something else). We are still working on the sleeping thing...I can't tell you how ecstatic I'll be once he even sleeps for three or four strait hours (let alone through the night!!!).

A couple weekends ago my sister-in-law Allie came and stayed with us for the weekend, and relieved me for a couple of nights so I could get some much needed R&R. Jake's mom Georgann came this last weekend to visit with Carder and us as well. It was nice to have them. This month Carder also got to meet Brittney, Skylee & Ryan since they were in town from Georgia and Great-Grandpa & Great-Grandma Watkins who were in town from Illinois.

He is growing fast. At his last doctors apt (2 weeks) he had gotten up to 7 lb 4 oz and grown a quarter of an inch. His little cheeks are getting quite chubby and I think he may be out of the preemie clothes.

This last Sunday he rolled over. We weren't sure at first if he really did at first, but he did (though it hasn't yet been repeated). He was doing tummy time Sunday morning and Jake went to go get something. When Jake came back, Carder was on his back. He asked me if he'd rolled over because he thought he was on his tummy, but wasn't sure if he had moved him or not prior to leaving. Jake put him back on his tummy and he and Georgann witnessed him roll over again. I came over at this point because I couldn't miss out on this first...so on the tummy once again, and again he rolled to his back. It was like 3 times in 5 mins. Good Job little guy! Maybe he'll do it again one of these days :)

Here's a look at our past month...

Carders First time to Church (8 days old)

Jake's 25th Birthday (Carder 8 Days Old)


Carder (12 Days Old)


Carder & Uncle Jax...Sunday Studs (15 days old)



Carder (2 1/2 weeks old)
Jaxon & Carder Best Friends (2 1/2 weeks)


Carder and Aunt Allie (3 weeks old)

Fathers Day (22 days old)

Brittney, Carder & Skylee (3 1/2 weeks old)

Carder & Grandma (1 month old)

7 comments:

Ashley&Nathan Speaker said...

Sooo Adorable!! And it is so crazy that he came out of you! :) And can you believe I finally figured out how to use this thing?! I guess i just have a lot of time on my hands these days :D Love you all!!

Jamie said...

i am excited to see new pics! i check almost everyday! looks like you guys are doing great...carder is just precious!

Amanda said...

OH holli, he is so cute!! I can't believe it has been a month already, but honestly if you think that went fast, one year will be here before you know it! and i am sure 18 happens pretty darn fast too!

Brit n' Ryan said...

Hey there! I got the announcement in the mail when I returned home this week, and of course it has the honor of making it to the refrigerator! I thought that the day would never come that I got a good nights sleep, but it does, I promise! You guys are a beautiful little family. Talk to you soon! Give Carder hugs and kisses from all of us here in Georgia!

Ashley said...

He is so cute Holli! I was thinking the other day about how you always said you would be the first "mormon nun" well look at you now..your married and have a beautiful little boy. I am so proud that you found your true happiness. Love you lots!

P.S. I will pray for you to get some sleep!lol

Ashley&Nathan Speaker said...

Is that a surf board Jake got for his birthday?? :) Were gonna have to all go to the beach and go surfing when we get back to California! I miss it sooo much! And we miss you guys.. Hope all is well, Love Ya..
XOXO..
Ash and Nate

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh he is such a stud! I hope we can meet him soon! We miss you guys terribly!