Wednesday, May 21, 2008

UPDATE

This past months has been a crazy one. Jake finished his first year of Law school (yippee), we sold our apt in San Diego and moved up to Murrieta (yeah that was a jolly feat at 8 ½ months pregnant), went up to Utah to visit friends and family, had two wonderful baby showers (one in Utah and one in Murrieta), and I turned 22!
My gorgeous girlfriends!
My mother and sister-in-laws
Holli, Amanda & Bailey

Holli & Whitney (classic pose with the addition of the Buddha belly)
Jamie, Holli & Erin
Jamie, Holli & Brittany
The Whitney's :)
Jake and I with our niece Jaynie and nephew Caleb (I still don't think its hit us that we are bringing one of these home with us soon!!!)

Ever since we got back from Utah I’ve been contracting quite regularly. Saturday evening we were so fed up with it we went into the hospitals triage. They checked me and according to the nurses I was dilated to a three and my contractions were pretty steady, coming every one to five minutes for 40 to 80 seconds. They had me go walk around for a couple hours and then come back to see if I had progressed any further along. After two hours of walking (probably more physical activity than I have gotten in a while), I was still at a three and still having about the same contractions. She released me and told me to go home and get some rest, and that she wouldn’t be surprised to see me back before her shift was over. Well that didn’t happen. I’ve continued to contract super regularly, but with no huge change in intensity. I had a doctor’s appt Monday, so I told myself unless they became unbearable I’d wait it out until then. He checked me there and I was still pretty much at the same point. We then discussed the option of getting induced, since it was looking like I may need a little help because I felt like I was hitting a brick wall. Jake and I decided we’d give it a couple more days to come on its own because as the doctor said for all he knew I could go into labor that night. Well the days haven’t gotten any better and I haven’t gone into labor. My contractions continue to be constant and are coupled with tons of discomfort as well as nausea. Fun, fun! We are supposed to call in today to schedule a time to get induced, so hopefully all goes well and this baby comes soon!!!

1 comment:

makana said...

wow... that was quite the week for you huh? I hope that everything goes well. You will have to let us know when she comes out. We are so excited for you! It is a little odd to think that a baby is inside growing huh? But... of so cool!