Wednesday, December 14, 2011

The Weather Outside is Frightful...

That is the understatement of the century!  It has gotten super cold here and with that we have gotten all the fun things that accompany that (sarcasm intended).  A while ago Carder and I came down with something, Carder ended up having croup and then just as he started getting over it Brenn came down with it.  The nasty boute of sickness lasted a couple of weeks in all but both kids got better just in time for Thanksgiving dinner with the family.  

Not too long after, our town got hit with these crazy winds (I guess the strongest one that was clocked was at 102 mph).  That night was the scariest sounding night ever, we brought Carder's mattress in our room because I thought our house might detach from the foundation and we would blow away like Dorothy did in Wizard of Oz.  We were really fortunate that not too much damage was done except for some small debris in our yard and our power going out (which meant our cars were trapped in our detached garage and also meant we had no heat).  We went and stayed with Jake's parents for a day until it all got fixed.  Church was cancelled all except for Sacrament meeting that day so that the men could go help with clean up in the time that they would have been attending their other meetings.  Some parts of town got hit really bad, trees being totally uprooted, lots of structural damage and some being without power for 3 days.

But after all that not so fun cold weather stuff came the really fun cold weather stuff...Holiday festivities.  Carder and I put up our tree and a couple Sundays ago the kids got to have a visit with Santa at Grandma & Grandpa Apostol's house. (Its a tradition that Jake's Grandparents have done every year since Jake was a little boy).

Carder looked so handsome wearing his blazer for Church on Sunday so I talked him into standing in front of the tree for some pictures...but of course these are the faces I got...




After Church we were off to Grandpa and Grandma's house where Cole was ordained a teacher and we had family dinner.  While we were waiting I decided to try and get a decent picture of the two little people together...once again I did not succeed since I could get only one of them to look at me at a time and for some reason my camera was being wacko by only focusing in on one of them or even better none of them at all...BAH!




Lame auto focus!!! This would have been a good picture if my camera wouldn't have sabotaged my efforts!


After Grandpa & Grandma's house it was off to Grandpa & Grandma Apostol's for some Christmas goodies and a special visitor...

When Santa asked Carder what he wanted for Christmas, Carder told him the Batmobile.  Santa then asked him if only Batman could drive the Batmobile, Carder said Yes but he would just sit on the passengers side and open his presents
He may have to wait for his Batmobile but he did score some oreos and fruit snacks from the big guy that night.
Carder attacking the shrimp platter

Brenn was so sweet with Santa she just gazed up at him all doe eyed.
And of course when I got to the other side to try and capture her gazing at Ol' Saint Nick she looked away.
She scored some puffs (her favorite and I have found out they are Carders favorite too)
Even Jake had a turn with Santa

Carder quite enjoyed his fruit snacks...


While Jake enjoyed the frappe...

Here he is channeling his inner Steve Carrell with his frappestache


"Have I been naughty or nice this year?"  I guess we will just have to wait and see on Christmas morning what Santa thinks about that.
Photobucket

No comments: