Since this last weekend was Presidents day weekend, my sister Brittany and cousin Jared (who are living in Provo) were going to make a road trip down to Vegas (since Jared's parents recently moved there). Jake, Carder and I were able to come along. I was way nervous about the long car ride for Carder, but he got a new big boy seat and did better than expected, with some help from Beyonce. My sister Kelsie made me some Cd's for Christmas of "cool" music (I guess I need some help in that dept, I know all the songs on playhouse Disney these days but as for top 40 I'm pretty much what you'd call clueless), anyway Beyonce's "If I were a boy" is one of the songs on the Cd. I've noticed whenever it comes on he gets quiet or will kind of babble along with it. Well whenever he'd get fussy in the car we would turn it on and he would just get quiet and listen, I have no idea why he likes that song so much, but hey at least he's got good taste who doesn't like Beyonce. Well all in all It was a great weekend. My Mom & Dad along with Kelsie and Jaxon came up to Vegas as well. They watched Carder while Jake and I went out for dinner on Valentines day which was really nice. It was so great to get away from school and snow for awhile and just be around people we love :)



I was way bummed, I turned on my camera just to realize the batteries were dead and I didn't bring a charger or back up ones (good one Holli)...but here are some pics my mom snapped this weekend:
Carder loved to copy Jaxon...he loved to watching a show with Jaxon and stealing his snacks (as you can tell Jaxon didn't quite know what to think about this)
Other than that we have just been doing the school thing and working on getting the little guy all better. He finished off the antibiotic before we left for Vegas, but he had been pretty fussy through that whole week and a half, so I was a little worried that it wasn't working. Like I would get him to sleep and he would just wake up a couple seconds later screaming like he was in pain. I would just have to hold him and rock him for him to be able to sleep at all (yeah pretty much not a restful week for either of us)...anyway I come to find out on top of being sick he was breaking two more teeth on the top. And then he just broke a 5th one starting on our road trip back to Utah and I could see it yesterday. The top ones are hilarious looking, he looks like a goof troop character cuz they are really big and short and spaced out while they are first coming in. But even with the funny new teeth he's cute as can be :)
Lazy sick days :) Carder is finally starting to like shows. Its hilarious he'll crawl to the end of the bed and just watch from there, its like he wants to get as close as possible. His favorites are the Wiggles (thank you Amanda), Little Einstein's and watching the Office with Mom and Dad. The beginning music of the Office will make him stop whatever he is doing and watch.
Carder has always been a really good eater. But lately he has wanted to feed himself. Well here is one of those times we practiced self feeding. I guess one day he'll get more in his mouth than on his face :)
For some reason our ward has sacrament meeting last. Yeah not fun if you have kids! Carder is pretty loud always talking and babbling, and once he gets the audience at church he just puts on the show. Sometimes I wonder why we even try, Church can be so frustrating with a baby. I am pretty sure I can count on one hand the full meetings I have been able to sit through since I have had him (with all the feeding or him wanting a nap), but he'll eventually learn right? Well I guess until then we'll continue to be regulars in the mothers lounge.






7 comments:
Holly, he is so cute! I can't believe how big he's getting already!
He is getting so big! And he is cuter than ever! He is starting to look like a little man :)
holli! he is getting so big! i love that smile, what a cutie! and yeah...i am not counting on being able to enjoy church until sadie is in nursery! haha!
Seems like he is getting so big, or atleast looking older not so much a baby amymore.. such is a cutie!! I wish Hayden would pick up on this crawling stuff:) he would be so much less frustrated all the time!
Holli that sounds like alot of fun! Vegas is fun! but I bet it was stressful to drive all the way up there with a baby! hey you need to shoe me how you get such a cute header on your blog? I want to learn how! ;0)
I love those little teeth! And I've just come to the conclusion that I won't get much out of church for years! Skylee loves Beyonce too, if "Single Ladies" comes on the girl just can't contain herself! It's strange hearing Beyonce coming from the mouth of a 2 year old, and "dancing like silly girls"! Thanks for the updates...We love you guys!
Post a Comment