Sunday, November 16, 2008

Lonely


In keeping with long-standing tradition, I have just added my two cents to the blog by updating the song playlist. I have chosen some songs that, I hope, compliment each other. I'm really a fan of the first one...Keane always blows me away, plus I like how their newest CD (from which this song was taken) has a bit of a retro-80's sound. It reminds me of the time that Holli and I went 80's dancing at Area-51 (I have attached a picture for your collective pleasure -- thanks Dad for lending me your vintage 80's Adidas work-out suit -- it's what sealed the deal for Holli, jk).


Speaking of my beautiful wife, she has been in California with Carder, visiting her family for Jaxon's birthday. First and foremost, I am lonely and can't wait for them to come home -- perhaps a more appropriate song for the playlist would have been One Republic's "Come Home" (a fantastic song in its own right, but one I felt did not mesh with the others I had chosen). I digress. I miss them so much. It was really wierd attending church today without them. I have also missed having Carder's face light up the moment I walk in the door from school. Having a family is without a doubt the most rewarding experience of my life, and I am enjoying every minute of it.


As you all know, I am a huge BYU football fan, and was pretty confident throughout the week that the Cougs would take care of Air Force. It was fun watching the game yesterday with my family, and singing the Cougar Fight Song after every touchdown. I need to start singing Carder the Cougar Fight Song instead of "5 Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed". The Cougs have a huge game coming up on Saturday against Utah, and I'm sure that it will be a fun one. Although Utah deserves their status as "favorites" in the game, I think that too many people are writing the Cougars off because of their poor performance against TCU. I am confident that BYU will come ready to play, and am oh-so excited for the game. My one pet-peave, however, is that people call this rivalry the "Holy War" -- it just seems wierd, and for me, conjures troubling images of crusading knights in medieval times.

6 comments:

Greg Dowden said...

Dude! i love this Keane! I've never heard of him before!

Anonymous said...

It's a holy war because the righteous (those wearing red) must obliterate the blue colored seven headed beast.

Todd Lloyd said...

Can I have my sweet sweat suit back?

McKay said...

I know how you feel...when I came back from Utah after the blessing, Jaedyn and Makana stayed for a week longer and it was miserable for me.
Oh and the "Holy War" moniker has always really bothered me as well.

Lilleys & Lace Photography said...

Holli and Jake... it's time to update the blog... us californians are waiting to see pictures of your happy little family up there in utah. :)we need to see more pictures of 1daddy, mommy and baby jake! :)
-we love you guys!

Jason and Tauna said...

Hey Holli well unfortunately we will be with my husbands family for Christmas so we aren't going to be able to get together. Bummer, but when i come to california next time i will give you a call! will you give me your number? you can text it to me! (951) 505-2872. thanks girl talk to you soon.