This past month has been pretty crazy. When we found out that Jake and I were relocating to Salt Lake, my mom and I booked trips to visit each other before I even moved from California. The end of September I got to go back to California with Carder and spend a week with the fam. Its always nice to go home, especially since we move so often and it feels like we are always visiting were we are at. Jaxon loved to match Carder anytime he could. My mom and I tried to get pictures done of them together, but we only ended getting them done separately, the only one of them together both their faces look like they got stun gunned. While we were there my mom put Carder in a walker and Carder thought he was hot stuff being able to make his way around all by himself. I saw this walker than looked like a car before Carder was born and thought it was the coolest thing ever (I am totally still a little kid at heart I get super excited for cool toys), so I got it and had been saving it. When I saw how much he enjoyed himself I busted out the sweet walker and its now one of his favorite toys.
When I got back from California I got the trash kicked out of me by a nasty cold. I don’t remember the last time I was that sick. Jake was great with helping me with Carder while I recovered, but man o man being sick is not the same when you have a baby, there are def no sick days as a mama! This is why I have been a blog slacker (among other things) I am still playing catch up from when I was out of commission.
Last weekend a firm in Southern California flew Jake, myself and Carder out for the weekend. It was way nice to be able to spend a little time with my fam, and it was a little bit like a weekend away. They put us up in a hotel for the weekend, and there was some fancy smancy dinner etc. My parents watched Carder during all the festivities, so it was a little bit like a weekend getaway for us. It was nice to have the red carpet rolled out, it helped reaffirm that the end is in sight, because sometimes it feels like we are going to be lifelong students; forever living on student loans!!! Jake has been offered a position in Vegas, so by the end of the week we will know where we will be moving (yet again) for the summer. When we were there Carder went swimming for the first time and fell in love with the jacuzzi. His favorite thing in the world is to take a bath, so to be in this giant bath tub where he could kick, splash, and move around to his hearts desire was a dream come true for him.
My mom and Jaxon came to Salt Lake this last week (yeah this was the trip that we had planned before I even moved to Utah, it just happened to be the day after we came back from California). It was so fun to have them here!!! I made huge progress on my independent study classes (graduation in April or bust!) We went down to Provo one of the days to hang out with Brittany. We took the boys to the Bean museum where they were fascinated by all the animals. Jaxon categorized them into two categories the ones that had teeth showing (those were the scary ones) and those that no teeth were showing (those were the nice ones). Carder just loved walking around looking at everything. We miss Mimi and Jaxon already and can't wait to see them when we go out for Jaxon's birthday :)
When I got back from California I got the trash kicked out of me by a nasty cold. I don’t remember the last time I was that sick. Jake was great with helping me with Carder while I recovered, but man o man being sick is not the same when you have a baby, there are def no sick days as a mama! This is why I have been a blog slacker (among other things) I am still playing catch up from when I was out of commission.
Last weekend a firm in Southern California flew Jake, myself and Carder out for the weekend. It was way nice to be able to spend a little time with my fam, and it was a little bit like a weekend away. They put us up in a hotel for the weekend, and there was some fancy smancy dinner etc. My parents watched Carder during all the festivities, so it was a little bit like a weekend getaway for us. It was nice to have the red carpet rolled out, it helped reaffirm that the end is in sight, because sometimes it feels like we are going to be lifelong students; forever living on student loans!!! Jake has been offered a position in Vegas, so by the end of the week we will know where we will be moving (yet again) for the summer. When we were there Carder went swimming for the first time and fell in love with the jacuzzi. His favorite thing in the world is to take a bath, so to be in this giant bath tub where he could kick, splash, and move around to his hearts desire was a dream come true for him.
My mom and Jaxon came to Salt Lake this last week (yeah this was the trip that we had planned before I even moved to Utah, it just happened to be the day after we came back from California). It was so fun to have them here!!! I made huge progress on my independent study classes (graduation in April or bust!) We went down to Provo one of the days to hang out with Brittany. We took the boys to the Bean museum where they were fascinated by all the animals. Jaxon categorized them into two categories the ones that had teeth showing (those were the scary ones) and those that no teeth were showing (those were the nice ones). Carder just loved walking around looking at everything. We miss Mimi and Jaxon already and can't wait to see them when we go out for Jaxon's birthday :)
4 Months
HOME SWEET HOME
+California+-+carder_walker_favorite.jpg)
+California+-+jaxon_and_carder_jeans.jpg)
+California+-+carder+jeans2.jpg)
+Carder+in+his+car5.jpg)
+Carder+in+his+car1.jpg)
+Baby+Food1.jpg)






1 comment:
cute pics holli! how fun that you have got to see your mom so much...it stinks being far away, i know. i love the pic of the boys in the sink and carder's walker, it's awesome :) and i like the one at the bottom of you four in front of that mountain lion...carder's smile is precious :)
Post a Comment